Diamond Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 22698
India's love affair with gold

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 25354
3/4 of marriages in India are still prearranged? Gold is considered the value of that marriage?

To me a marriage is between two people, not between two supplies of gold. It's insane for me to think that a human life is worth far less than a mined metal from the ground.

What happens when someday a meteorite falls from the sky carrying a million tons of gold? Or if they are robbed?

Does that means 3/4 of all Indian marriages are suddenly worth nothing?

This makes no sense to me lol.

A marriage is a promise between two people to love and honor each other in sickness and health, for richer or poorer, until death do us part. Period.

Not based on the value of a commodity.

My $.02.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22706
Paul Larrea: Cultural differences are so big that it would be difficult for you to start to look at it objectively enough to give and opinion.
It is not your ability I am questioning, but you are not prepared enough to look at a very different culture from THEIR angle.
It might interest you to know that since about 1950, there has been a growing number of young men and women rejecting SOME of the values in Indian culture and rejecting paying or accepting a dowry. However, even today, more often than not, the girls demand a lot of gold from fathers. It is their security in a society where there is no paid pregnancy leave for one year; where joint family system often throws a lot of caring burden on a women who would otherwise be earning money outside.

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 16875
Sounds the same as prostitution to me....call it and justify it anyway ya want, but its smells exactly like prostitution which doesn't surprise me..the ppl are ignorant, they don't know any better...anything for a buck!

Silver Member
Username: Cheap_trick

Post Number: 389
Upload

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22709
Sounds the same as prostitution to me....call it and justify it anyway ya want, but when a boy takes a girl out, and for the price of a dinner or a drink he fu*cks her all night, like all the hot blooded Americans are doing most of the time when they have a little money to spend on prostitutes. They like to call it a one night stand.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25355
Cultural difference or not, it's not right in my eyes.

Glad to see some of their own also think along the same path. Sounds like a revolution in the making. Women of any race are beautiful and are as important to that race as any and should not be treated like so many cultures do.

Again, my 2 pennies.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16877
American culture does not demand gold or dowrys for marriage and sex...like India does...and 1 night stands are free, no prostitutes needed....we have freedom of choice in our country, freedom to say yes or no without any other influences or demands such as gold....

Diamond Member

Post Number: 25356
Why can't we just let nature do its' thing? Let our own bodies decide for themselves what we want?

Why border them with financial or racial issues??

Silver Member
Username: Tommy_h

Post Number: 187
Immaterial possessions are just meaningless matter. God's love does not judge you on your worth, but what you're worth to him.

From your cultural points of view, love happiness and respect, are merited by the inheritence of a woman's dowry and all her precious metals (gold).

If that be the case, and the gold is represented by wealth and or worth. if I were to present you (Nydas), with a ring of gold and stick it in your nose, so I could pulling you around behind me so you can kiss my a ss. Does that mean I can now call you my b itch and parade you around like some sort of trophy?.

According to your culture and customs, I would say YES!

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22710
LK and tommysheknows. How many one night stands have YOU had for the price of a dinner? All the Indo-Pakistani students who go to America know that American girls tend to be cheap prostitutes.

Don't talk rubbish. Americans were the first in the world who started sex as THE important thing in life forgetting that sex is needed for begetting children.

Indian marriages are uniting of families, and last a long time. The failure rate is small compared to the failure rate of American marriages. Amongst Americans, 50% percent of first marriages, 67% of second and 74% of third marriages end in divorce. In many cases it is because of the women wanting the property and alimony. There probably was no love anyway to start with.

In India, Gold is given by the father to the daughter as security for future, a very worthwhile cause.

Silver Member
Username: Kent_island50

Post Number: 128
GOD I love this place
the only website that makes me
laugh so much that tears run down my legs
please don't let anything happen to our NUT.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16880
NN...U are a VERY misinformed and an ignorant fruitcake about America and western civilization....and to justify and praise "arranged" marriages and gold "bribery and prostitution" is really pathetic, like you..

Silver Member

Post Number: 130
India's love affair with gold
that was in the past.......... all they need now to find love is

Upload
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Krishn

Post Number: 1770
Estate inheritance law of family property used to be only sons would inherit Land, Building etc and daughters would not get it.

To keep things fair daughters were given gold, a mothers jewelery would go only to daughters, none to sons. If a house was given to a daughter it would have to be designated as "stree dhan", then just the daughters could inherit them, unless she had no daughters only sons.

However the laws changed I believe in 1960's giving equal share to both sons and daughters. To treat both sons and daughters equittably they started giving Gold to sons as well.

CBS coverage was not good at all. LK is an idiot who cannot understand it and simply posts trash, same with Fish.

Silver Member

Post Number: 131
The more she posts the stupid she looks
the stupid she looks the more she posts

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22712
Fish: There is LK who is a he/she and tommyshesaw who pretends to be a man but is really a woman suspended from here. They are moth posting stupidly, and your posts are that of a drunk.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16881
The longer U are here NN...the more the site dies..and the dumber ya get..

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22713
LK:The more you keep on coming back...the more the site dies..and the dumber you get..

Platinum Member

Post Number: 16883
U R such a punk..

Diamond Member

Post Number: 22714
LK:The more you keep on coming back...the more the site dies..and the dumber you get..

Gold Member
Username: Pulpfiktion

Post Number: 1047
LK..... I dont mind u boy or girl..... I marry u.... U bring gold....OK

Bronze Member
Username: Mememememe

Post Number: 56

Gold Member
Username: Pulpfiktion

Post Number: 1204
Hi Mememememe

Silver Member