Sharp Aquos LC-70LE735U and PS3 Problem

Username: Vincentv189

Post Number: 1
Hello Everyone,
I just purchased a Sharp Aquos LC-70LE735U, I hooked it up to my PS3 using a brand new HDMI cable that is 1.3 compatible. I turn the PS3 on and the dashboard comes up at 1080p, no problem. I play a Bluray movie at 1080p no problem, same with 1080p games. The problem comes when I try to do anything at 720p, games off of disk or off of the Hard Drive. The game loads, i can hear it in the background from the surround sound so I know its not locked up, but on the TV the HDMI symbol in the top right keeps popping up over and over like it is trying to sync but it cannot. My real delema comes in when I try to troubleshoot the problem. I hook up my Xbox 360, and I can force the dashboard down to 720p no problem on the new TV using the same cable. And I still have my old TV and when I hook the ps3 up to the old TV using the same cable and try something in 720p it works fine. So who do I even call about this problem? What could it possibly be?

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks in advanced
- Vincent V -

Username: Dtwilliamscomcastnet

Post Number: 4
Vince,

Just a guess but, on my LG TV there is a setting in the main menu that allows me to adjust the format of the screen. I always choose "Set by Program" which is effectively "Auto" but, it also allows me to force the format to 16:9 or 4:3 or Zoom-1 or Zoom-2. Now I realize that format is not the same thing as resolution, but try looking through your Menu and see if there IS some sort of setting that you can force the resolution to 720p on a specific HDMI port.

Dave

Username: Vincentv189

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the help Dave! Fortunately I did figure out the problem just 2 hours ago, after becoming a bit frustrated with the lack of resolution to the problem I started changing almost any setting on the PS3 I could find related to it. Eventually I came across the option of using Full color (HDMI) under display, upon changing this to off 720p works fine. I really do hope this helps someone, I know for sure it stumped me for a few days.

Username: Dtwilliamscomcastnet

Post Number: 5
Glad you got it working Vince.

Dave
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts