Orange Light Blinking - TV Out

Username: Nalapoo23

Post Number: 1
We have the Mitsubishi 60 inch DLP 3D Ready HDTV. The Status Light in the front is blinking Orange. What does this mean? We were sitting here watching TV and it just went black, then the orange light starting blinking. We got it back on a few minutes later, then it went out again. Is the bulb going out? If so, what is your suggestion in where we need to get a new bulb.

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 2604
How old is the set? How many hours has it been on?...and by that, the TOTAL.
Lamps only last so long and dim with age. If your set has been getting dim lately, than it may indeed be a lamp.

Now, what does the manual say...and you can find it online, too, about the blinking orange light?

If it is the lamp, buy an OEM type lamp, if it came with Philips, replace it with Philips. Likewise for Osram...the 2 main makers of lamps.

As for WHERE? Well, I'd start by doing an internet search, but I live close enough to Discount Merchant that when I needed a lamp, I did a 'will call' and didn't wait a week for one to be mailed to me.

Username: Nalapoo23

Post Number: 2
We just bought it a little over a year ago. We use the TV ALOT. LOL. There is no telling how many hours are logged on the TV. We thought the bulb would have went out by now. I have been noticing the dimming of some shows lately, but my husband hasn't been able to notice the difference.

The only thing we could find in the manual about a blinking light was a yellow blinking light and I can't rememeber what it said about it, but nothing about an orange blinking light. That's why I came on here to ask.

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 2605
Find and download the manual. It's online if you look.
You can search by model number.
Finding out what the flashing light means is step #1.
The hour meter is buried in the menu somewhere. Probably in the service menu which you must know the 'secret code' to unlock.

When you get to the fix part of things, make sure you vacuum and DE-DUST all the fans and inside. Dust is killer and can restrict airflow and cause overheating.

The internet is your friend for lamp and instruction / user manual.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us