Free 2 Air to Fee 2 Air

Bronze Member
Username: Freelancer24

Post Number: 12
My Long Lost friends - How is everyone? I had long abandoned the FTA times ever since Nagra2 or 3 came in couple of years ago and moved to internet for downloading all my shows movies etc. My mom-in-law is with us for sometime and we need TV for her again - especially Indian Channels (Sony, Zee TV, Star TV etc). So What all has changed? I am OK with paying monthly as I presume there is no FTA anymore (except OTA). So what are my options now in terms of service providers and hardware? What isthe current scene? Can anyone sum it up for me please?

Gold Member
Username: Krishn

Post Number: 1140
Either a subsciption to a provider, if you have friends you can share cost or key sharing through internet called IKS.

Public servers have limited inetrnational channels and private servers have more international channels - private servers cost range from about $30/year and can go upto about $250 per year.

SD equipment can cost about $150-200 and HD can cost from $300 to $400.

Silver Member
Username: Jitu

Post Number: 818
What are the best FTA satellites ?

How many FTA satellite have HD channels ?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Thanks Subash! May u please elaborate - Who are the best service providers? Is the hardware service provider specific? What is the reliability of service providers and hardware? Is this like old times where hardware becomes useless after a while? Are there frequent blackouts?

Silver Member
Username: Jitu

Post Number: 819
Which is the best FTA HD receiver with easy setup ?

Gold Member
Username: Krishn

Post Number: 1142
Free Lancer:
It all started with receiver manufacturers offering servers called public servers which would provide many but not all channels, they did not specify that it woul be for a limited time. However the public servers diappeared after a while - Nfusion, K-box, Dreambox to name a few.

Then they started offering private server's for a annual subscription called donation of around $50 per year, most popular of which is called NFPS these support many, but not all reciever brands and need a high speed internet connection as well.

There are sometimes blacout and the blackout of inetrnationals last longer as well.

If you are looking for just few Hindi channels, then you might be able to run it on public server till it lasts and then you can subscribe to private server. Example of receivers that has public channels are nanosat and I-link

Depends on what you want HD or SD, then what channels you want.

Gold Member
Username: Djsmith

Post Number: 1068
. Krishn posted on Wednesday, September 28, 2011 - 00:40 GMT

Pest Control:
Doreen cannot spell and does not know any grammar, these are the gutter folks who will say "I don't know nothing" when they intend to say that they do not know anything.

The real meaning of that sentence is they do know something - double negative. The correct English " I don't know anything".is beyond them.

Loonie racist white trash with a superiority complex

my mother is an immigrant and white Not all immigrants are black idiot .... you are just an ignorrant racist b@stard... if you don't like living in a America with us white people ,get lost. and stfu you hypocrite.

btw i wrote moron

Doreen

Gold Member

Post Number: 1067

Djsmith posted on Wednesday, September 28, 2011 - 00:33 GMT

it's.....Why did the admin delete my post? I haven't said anything bad.

BTW delete is not spelled "delet" sounds like >>> de- let?

does that make any sense?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
I don't get it...Why are you all thrashing each other out - it's frivolous. So what if someone spells incorrectly - it certainly got the message across and the posters Intentions were to help me out, which he did.

Most people are so accommodating with all these culture and language differences. So many people in Canada speak broken English and yet make it good here. The original Citizens of this Land - The Native Indians certainly don't mind that the "foreigners" don't even speak their language. And who knows soon Americans will have to learn Chinese (with the way things are going) and am sure when they go searching for Jobs to China they will speak broken Chinese - I hope the Chinese don't show the same attitude as some of you are.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1074
free lancer try checking this site out http://www.bindaasbharat.com/

here is a search of many desi free tv viewing

or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=2a4ba11f026fbbdd&biw=1280&bih=660,http://www.google.ca/#hl=en&s ugexp=pfwc&cp=30&gs_id=39&xhr=t&q=hindi+tv+channels+free+on+line&pf=p&sclient=ps y-ab&source=hp&pbx=1&oq=hindi+tv+channels+free+on+line&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=&gs_ upl=&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=2a4ba11f026fbbdd&biw=1280&bih=660
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us