Username: Scerg

Post Number: 1
i have a double image in red and wavey just below my normal picture

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 16543
Welcome to eCoustics Sergio!

Replace the convergence chip: STK-393-110!

Post Number: 3
thanks Plymouth is this something i can do or would i be better off with a tech.

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 16545
If you are able to make soldering> Yes!

If you has a friend which can do this as him!

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 2444
Sergio,
Probably better off with a tech. The only exception would be if the device were socket mounted, which would make it unplug/plug simple. It isn't, so don't even bother to look.

You may be better off buying and replacing the whole board. As for soldering a chip? You need some sort of special equipment. A low wattage soldering iron, a solder sucker and solder wick, a magnifier if your eyes aren't near-perfect and the part itself. Some pins on semiconductor devices are nearly microscopic and are machine installed. Don't even think about what is called 'surface mount'.

I have the service manual for an old rear projector, now gone, and believe me, just taking it apart is a treat. If you are unfamiliar with how these things go together, you'll spend HOURS if the part to be replaced is buried at all inside the set. And it always is. That's one of the rules.

Best bet? Find a technician to do it.
don't ask a friend, in general. If anything goes south you may end up with 'issues'.

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 16549
Hi Leo!

This is a big STK chip easy to replace with a good soldering iron, he can buy the part, remove the board and bring the board to a TV repair shop which will cost only few $$$ to replaced the part then re-installed the board himself in the TV unit, the big problem is ajusting the TV convergence in the TV service menu but we can help him to know how to make it!

Post Number: 4
hi Plymouth should receive chip STK chip for my mitsubishi 65 inch with in 2 weeks anything major i should know about replacing it, adjusting the color... I also have a Insignia 20 inch IS - TVO40919 the whole screen turned green and at times it goes back to normal for a few seconds other than that the piciture is fine. any ideas almost tossed it thought it might cost more to fix it than a new one.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us