Sony light engine issues

Username: Lardogy

Post Number: 1
I'm brand new here, but I've read a bunch of posts that talk about the "blue blobs" etc, in the Sony RP LCD units. Add me.
Sony KDF E42A10 mfg 3/2006, purchased 8/2006, yellow stain appears 10/2007. I blame it on computer being attached because it only shows up then. Broadcast/DVD picture still OK. Then, 3/2008 the blobs set in. Called Sony and got the "What?" from CS agent and just let it go. Way too much drama. Family member passes and I relocate and forget about it back "there" and now I see it is a VERY common issue. I still have the TV with relatives and need to know what can I do now? I filed a complaint with Sony and have a ref # noting the OB issue, but of course all calls regarding a resolution go into la-la land. (Cover you ears and....la-la-la-la-la...) Anybody actually get anything resolved with these guys? Oh. btw, a friend gave me his Sony KV-32hs500 HD-CRT, mfg 10/2002, to use when I moved back and guess what? Worked great for 4 months and now it just blinks 6 times at me when I turn it on. Evidently another common, very common, issue with THAT model. And only 400-600 to fix! Boy I'm really lovin' Sony. (Sorry Only Needed Yen) I really can't recall a single item from them that's lasted any reasonable period of time. Home theater died after 2 years, cordless phone lasted 1.5 years( w/new $20 battery), boombox CD player quit after 8 months(but the radio worked!), car audio system needed "superman" antenna to receive local stations. And yet I'm watching a 20 yoa Sanyo, says it's made in Forrest City, AR from imported parts. Wonder if they make Toyotas in the back? Anyway, if you have advice on how to get in on some sort of ROI in this, please let me know. And no, replacing it with a Sony (unless it's TOTALLY free) is obviously out of the question. Thanks for letting me vent.

Bronze Member
Username: Crowell

Post Number: 15
Whoa, looks like you haven't gotten a lot of luck with Sony. Ok, here is the breakdown of your problem, inside the light engine there is a small cube shaped piece with three LCD chips (red, green & blue). On of those chips is starting to get decolorized (its starting to burn) due to the intense heat emitted buy the light. Here is ink that shows a picture of what it looks like.
http://www.fixyourdlp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1279

Bronze Member
Username: Lucky101

HydeabadUnited States

Post Number: 33
Nice link man...
Good luck

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 1270
You'll have to raise a little hxll. Others have had various levels of luck with Sony, up to and including Small Claims Court.
I've read enough of this stuff to see that if you pursue this, and you probably SHOULD, Sony will eventually offer you some kind of 'deal' ona replacement set. You can probably beat the deal buying online. Other deals are for help in the fix.

Let 'em know YOU know about settlements. Ask to speak to the next guy up the food-chain. take names and numbers and keep good records of who/what/when/where and why. (5 w's)

Start reading other threads about this subject. People have various levels of success with various approaches.

Knowledge is Power so start getting informed.

A TV, and fairly expensive at THAT should certainly last more than 2 years, don't you think?

Username: Sonylistens

Post Number: 6
Hello,
My name is Mike from sony electronics the sonylistens team. If you are having any problems with a sony TV, computer, or other electronic please contact us at sonylistens@am.sony.com so that we can assist you. Include your name, product model, serial #, (forum) in the subject area, and a way for us to contact you.
Thanks,
Mike Puma
Sonylistens
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help