Satellite TV Technology for the Future

Diamond Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 20914
Satellite TV Technology for the Future
Posted April 11, 2011

Internet TV, in short, is video and audio data sent over an Internet connection. It is also called Internet protocol television, or IPTV. Broadcasting rights to Internet TV differ from country to country. These rights are implemented to govern the allotment of copyrighted content and media.

Internet TV broadcasting is almost similar to watching television via an antenna or a series of cable wires, the difference being that information is delivered over the Internet as data. The advantage that Internet TV has over cable TV is that it has much more variety, along with many of the similar shows you find on the established networks, most Web sites provide autonomously produced shows targeted at people with specific interests.

Internet TV is still a relatively new phenomena, and quality, matter and expenses can greatly vary. Shows are of very good quality and professionally produced material. Although the only drawback seems to be the difference in video quality and the varying screen size, right now Internet TV, broadcasting offers a few more benefits than traditional television does. You can watch two basic types of broadcasts through Internet TV:....more

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 16119
Nydas

My TV listenind is now 50% IPTV!

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20919
Great. That is the direction to go to. When IPTV use increases, Satellite and cable TV will take second place and start becoming extremely cheap and with more free channels. Eventually it will have the same fate as FM radio broadcasts.
The big snag is the new authority given to Bell to apply usage charge on Internet Broadband.

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 16120
The only problem is that Bell, Dn and DirectTV work hard on IPTV, they will not let it kill their business!

Silver Member
Username: Mrgreg

Post Number: 716
But you don't mind paying the usage charge Nalin!

Silver Member
Username: Chaff

Post Number: 661
http://ia600407.us.archive.org/10/items/tomorrow_television/tomorrow_television. ogv

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 16122
Always useless Chaff!

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 16434
blah blah blah..more useless info....Plymouth and nydas getting their post counts up...

Silver Member
Username: Krishn

Post Number: 625
LK
Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 16434
Posted on Tuesday, April 12, 2011 - 11:28 am:

lah blah blah..more useless info....Plymouth and nydas getting their post counts up..

Professional talk is beyond the IQ of dumb technician, so it is blah blah. LMAO

Silver Member

Post Number: 662

quote:

Plymouth

Nydas

My TV listenind is now 50% IPTV!

now thats useless info..

Diamond Member

Post Number: 20942
LK does not know anything about IP. Once, I remember her telling everybody, that all IPs are static IPs. She did not know that ISPs usually give out dynamic IPs. She does not know anything about the use of IP for telephony , about VOIP, and now she is showing her abysmal lack of knowledge about IPTV

Silver Member

Post Number: 693
When IPTV use increases, Satellite and cable TV will take second place and start becoming extremely cheap and with more free channels. Eventually it will have the same fate as FM radio broadcasts.

Nydas, what was the fate of FM radio broadcasts?

Silver Member

Post Number: 694
satellite ip tv
85w
v

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21093
"Nydas, what was the fate of FM radio broadcasts?"

The answer, Chaff, is staring you in the face
"start becoming extremely cheap and with more free channels."
eventually the fate of FM broadcasts - ALL FREE

Silver Member

Post Number: 695
I've never paid for FM radio , other than buy a receiver.

I did not realize it was their fate , I thought their business plan was to sell air time to advertisers to generate revenue.

Never heard of anybody ever having a subscription to FM radio.

Don't forget AM radio free too.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21095
Americans have never heard of any other country other than their own.
Perhaps you have heard of satellite radio which is comparatively new and you had to pay for it, then you had to pay for some of it and now you have ot pay for fewer channels and many are free - so I hear. I DO NOT use this form of entertainment, so I am not sure.

Bronze Member
Username: Djsmith

Post Number: 12
In 3 Years Satellite TV will be Dead
Will satellite TV be dead in 3 years? As the fact that will it still be broadcasting, probably not. But the double-dipping of commercials and pay for reception is likely to be on the way out.

Why people are leaving pay satellite TV: Subscriptions have continually risen for satellite TV. The companies are now touting the DVR features and accessibility more so than the channels. Have you asked yourself why? It is because more people are turning to internet based TV.

The advantages of internet based TV is simple. Right now there are no subscription prices, all you need to do is get the software and install it. The channels are free. There are more channels available to internet TV watchers than there are to any single satellite subscriber?

Will they charge for subscriptions or content in the internet? There will be charges for content and particular programming. Your pay-per-view type channels will remain that way, but you are likely to never have to pay for the 'regular' channels you now pay for.

The evolution of TV. TV started out as a simple broadcast signal with one, then two then three or four channels for what seemed forever. Now there are channels covering thousands of topics and areas. There is almost no subject that you cannot find a TV channel for '" which is quite amazing.

Right before TV started going to cable, several local TV channels started broadcasting on UHF usually in your larger to mid-sized markets. This was the birth of a lot of local shows. This was the same time that PBS stations started popping up all over.

Cable TV was not far behind and this opened the door to even more channels. The ideas for the types of shows just grew and grew. It was not long until there were 100'²s of channels. When technology advanced, Satellite TV came along for the regular household. Satellite became major competition for cable and offered more channels for the same price.

Satellite and cable started diversifying into other areas, internet, phone service, etc. They both offer DVR or digital video recording so you can pause live TV or just record like the old VCR. Many people are now spoiled by the DVR and will not even watch a show 'live' any more so they can skip all the commercials.

Speaking of commercials: Commercials always been the main source of income for broadcasters, whether the signal is based on radio waves, cable, or satellite signal. It made sense that cable and satellite charge for movie channels and pay-per-view, but they have long enjoyed 'double dipping' by charging to watch commercial television.

Savvy internet techies figured out a way to capture almost all of the satellite signals from all around the world and give them to you for free. The only problem is, a regular computer cannot receive the signal without special software. The software used to be quite pricey, at around $200 a pop. Now you can find it for less than $50, and sometimes even on sale for less.

We all need to watch our budgets. With the economy being bad, and everyone having to pinch pennies, internet TV has been growing leaps and bounds. With people flocking to this service, satellite TV and Cable, as we know it will be gone. They will still exist, but three years from now, they will likely be costing a lot less, or they will be losing subscribers.

It is a good idea to cut your monthly budget by going to internet TV instead of paying for expensive satellite TV every month.

http://techus.org/2010/10/in-3-years-satellite-tv-will-be-dead/

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
another link

http://www.articledashboard.com/Article/The-Future-of-Satellite-Internet/802185

Silver Member

Post Number: 699
Eventually it will have the same fate as FM radio broadcasts.
Americans have never heard of any other country other than their own

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nydas , YOU should have identified the country / continent you were using as an example.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
we just bought a new car and it comes with 3 months free sirius XM radio. They keep calling to see if we want to subcribe and pay for it. XM Premier is $16 plus pre month. or you can pay once a year or even get a plan for 3 yrs

http://www.siriusxm.com/servlet/Satellite?c=SXM_Package_C&childpagename=SXM/SXM_ Package_C/PackageDetail&cid=1287698765429&pagename=SXM/Wrapper

i think this is what Nalin is talking about.

BTW....... its well worth your money , we're going to subscribe for the XM Premier .....I love the comedy stations and the commercial free music. hubby is into the sports so he is happy with that too.
oh and you can also get it for the internet as well.

Internet Listening
You can listen on your PC, Mac, or on your smartphone. they have apps available for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, and compatible BlackBerry and Android devices.
Add Internet Listening
Only $2.99/month

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
oh and for the record
"Americans have never heard of any other country other than their own "

you can download "radio sure" it's free or you can pay for the pro version.

http://www.radiosure.com/
here is a list of stations
http://www.radiosure.com/stations/
there are 656 pages of stations to look through. from all over the world too.
It can be installed as portable as well. there are

18869 staion i get so far but it changes

i would give you a link to download the pro version , but its not allowed,Brian doesn't like it much when promoting pirated software ( i don't get it because he promotes pirated satellite TV) , WHAT EVER..... but if you want it ,just PM me and i can give it t you.

you can record music too, using your sound card.

Silver Member

Post Number: 700
..and if you don't renew the xm contract , you will receive nothing.

Nydas knows nothing , only posts to BS to instigate others.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us