JVC DiLA TV Light Engine Problem?

Username: Steveo3818

Post Number: 1
I have a oval green hue taking up most of the center of the screen. I've switched inputs and used the sound and vision disc and the green still persists in the center. So is this a light engine issue? I've read posts about people replacing this but my TV is 4 years out of warranty and wonder if it is even worth replacing?

Any insight is appreciated

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 2293
IF JVC used similar filters in the light engine as the Sony product, they will suffer the same fate.
Sorry, I'm weeks away from replacing a Sony SXRD which is less than 5 years out of the box. And boy, am I mad.

A rebuilt light engine is possible. You may want to do a google of 'light engine rebuilder' or similar. The part for my Sony is 300$, exchange and may be just possible to do a DIY exchange....but not for the faint of heart.

Internal dust and clogged or inoperative fans just complicate things.

Read and check around. Just my opin, but I'd cut my losses and move on. Sony lost or settled 3 (THREE) class action lawsuits and it was a slap on the wrist. I have no idea of the JVC situation, but the LCOS technology used in this set is a cousin of what Sony used in the SXRD displays.

Post back if further questions or comments.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us