NEC vcr issue

Username: T1n

Australia

Post Number: 1
My vcr was working fine, but just recently when i put a tape in it goes in but when i press play the vcr goes straight to standby mode.
When i turn it back on, and hit eject, the tape comes out but when you pull on it to take it out it is always stuck by the tape and it ends up chewed.

The machine is probably a early 90's model.

Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 4327
It needs the idler tire replaced. Take off the cover and look between the two tape reels, you'll see an idler assembly with a rubber tire on it. There's a split clip holding the assembly in. Clean the plastic drive wheel while you've got the idler assembly out with a q-tip wet with alcohol or you can just use a cloth wet with alcohol. I can't help you with where to find the tire where you are.

Username: T1n

Australia

Post Number: 2
Im having trouble getting the idler tire thing out,
can you give me any more help by looking at this photo
also thanks heaps for helping me

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5012/5403685917_110e45cf4d_b.jpg

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 4329
Take the 2 screws out that hold the carriage (cassette loader) in and pull it out, unplug the wires going to it if you need to, it has slots in the metal base and tabs that fit in the slots in the back of it. There's a split clip holding the idler assembly in, you neet to use 2 small flat head screwdrivers or something like that, one on each side of the split and open the clip, be careful they can pop off and get lost pretty easy. After the clip is removed the idler assembly will come out, just pull the tire forward a little so it's not touching the drive wheel and lift it out.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us