Cable splitter help

Username: Parttimer

Post Number: 1
Hello, I know there is another splitter thread but one of the last posts said to create a new thread to get faster service so here it is!
I recently ran cable to all the rooms in our house and terminated them in the basement. I initially had a splitter/phone splitter unit I purchased at Lowes as my splitter but got crappy reception, the split was 8 ways. Due to signal loss I swapped out that massive thing with a time warner 4 way. I now have 4 TV's, two of which are tivo commected. I also have TW internet.
My split is like this:
Main line in, split to 2 tivo boxes, cable modem and line to a rocketfish bi-direction mini drop amplified splitter (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Rocketfish%26%23153%3B+-+Bidirectional+Mini+Drop+Amp lifier/9449135.p?id=1218106370284&skuId=9449135&st=splitter&cp=1&lp=3) that splitter then goes to the remaining runs. The problem I encountered today was one of my tivo units which was on the mini-amp was not getting switched digital channels. According to TW my signal strength was good so they scheduled a service call. In the mean time I moved that tivo unit to the main splitter and resolved, for the most part, my switched digital issue. Now when tuning to the switched channels, they come in, but tune very slow, and sometimes i have to retune the channel to get it. My other tivo unit does not have this issue. The one with no issues is a run from the splitter directly to the TV. The other runs are from splitter to wall plate to TV. All connectors are compression fittings and cable was standard cable from Lowes.
My question is, is there a better way to set this up?

Username: Parttimer

Post Number: 2
pfffft pffffft, hello? Is this thing on?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us