Laptop to TV Not working

Username: Gemedia1

Post Number: 2
I have a Philips 27PS55s/321 TV. It has a s-video input. My Laptop also has a S-Video. My TV remote does not have a Input button to select the input it has only AV1,AV2, Front channels only. I tried connecting the s-video of laptop to s-video to Tv and did the settings Fn+F4 , Display settings etc. But the image is not getting displayed in the TV. Distorted black and white lines are appearing. My laptop has a VGA slot. I also tried connecting VGA(laptop) output to the S-video of the TV. That is also not working.
Using the PC VGA to RCA S-Video AV TV Adapter Converter Cable i tried connecting the laptop and TV. That was also not working. Please can some one let me know on how i can connect my laptop to tv.

Manual Link : http://safemanuals.com/user-guide-instructions-owner-manual/PHILIPS/27PS55S-321- _E
Thanks,
Guru

Silver Member
Username: Ieee488

Post Number: 479
If you had read the manual, you would have seen on page 25 that you need to Press the CH + or -- buttons on the remote to scroll the channels until SVHS appears in the upper left corner of the TV screen.

If you also want sound, you need to connect from the laptop to AV2 on the TV.

You didn't say which model laptop you have. You'll need to
read the manual on how to make the video go out the s-video port.

Post Number: 3
Thanks for your replies ieee488 and plymouth. Yes i tried changing the channels i was never able to see SVHS in my screen. Please advice. I have a HPG60 Notebook PC. Pentium dual core T4200 2Ghz. I think i should use fn + f4 to send the video output

Silver Member

Post Number: 481
You're suppose to see the "SVHS" on the TV screen not on your laptop. Once you have that done, then you set your laptop to output to the TV.

Post Number: 4
Thanks for your reply ieee488. yes i am not able to see SVHS in the top left side of the screen. I tried it before connecting the laptop after connecting the laptop also. I pressed fn f4 but still svhs is not appearing. pls let me know

Silver Member

Post Number: 482
Whether the SVHS appears or not is NOT related to the laptop. It should appear no matter what when that "channel" is reached. It is the "channel" used when you want to connect a SVHS VCR to theTV.

As you press the button on the TV's remote to change the channels, do you see the channel number displayed on the TV?

Have you read the

Post Number: 5
Thanks for your reply. Yes I am able to see the channel number displayed displayed on the TV.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us