Can't record different channels since forced to put cable box on TV by cablevision

Username: Ellen13

Post Number: 1
I have three different tv/vcr setups in my house. This week cablevision forced its customers to install their boxes to get any channels at all. Because their boxes are unable to be programmed to change channels as in other states (i.e. arizona's) I can no longer leave the house and have the VCRs tape more than one channel. Is there any help? Cablevision didn't think so.

Username: Jan133

Post Number: 4
that is what charter did to me in high desert in calif - they were going to raise my rates unless i got at least one cable box - he did not wire my vcr to the cable box - anyway i have 2 vcr and the one upstairs at the time i still could just hook the vcr to cable coming out of the wall and was able to tape on that one - do you know how to split the cable - you get a little thing probably at radio shack - it has one hole in back for cable wire and then two holes in front for two cable wires - maybe thru this u can hook cable box and vcr up to get chaneels - the channels are still there - u just have to use box to get them - maybe someone else who is more literate about cable boxes can help - i felt charter was ripping me off because i was paying 45 a month without a box and then unless i got the box they were going to charge me 65 a month but the channels were still on the wiring upstairs and i did not get a box for vcr/tv upstairs - now that i moved i got fios and only one set up for tv - could not afford two boxes - good luck

Username: Jan133

Post Number: 5
on another issue - still trying to figure out if i shd hook dvd burner/recorder to the fios dvr or try and figure out how to hook vcr instead - the reason i would prefer the vcr is that i have recorded on the dvr several shows i want to save = but they will have ads - so if i burn to dvd+rw i will still have to edit it to get out ads whereas if i can just record on vcr on tape - will be easier for me to edit out the ads - currently vcr is wired to dvd burner via rca cables and the dvd burner is also wired to tv using rca cables and i put tv on games to see the dvd burner recording - the dvd burner is set on L1 and the vcr is on F1 so they talk to each other - you know what i mean - if i use either vcr or dvd burner do i leave them on that setting since i do not know what the setting is for the dvr - is there a way i can see what the setting is for the dvr - when i use dvr - tv is on channel 3 - fios tech hooked up tv and dvr so i can turn tv and dvr off and on at the same time - if i can use vcr i much prefer to record on tape - easier to edit from
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us