Dishnetwork Sub Sharing OR IKS Private Server ?

Bronze Member
Username: Sfh99

TorontoCanada

Post Number: 58
Hello all

I have been inactive for while on this site. I have a freind who offer me to share his DN account. Its just the upfront amount is too much (around 600 dollars) but the account is legitimate and equipment is genuine too.
On the other hand, my neighbor installed nfusion solaris with a private iks and paying about 25 dollar a month. I am confused what to choose as if I go by nfusion, I still have no guarantee when the server will be down. I don't want to loose my money as I already spent on SV4000 and installation. the advantage of IKS is I will receive ppv (hopefully) and almost all channels. but if I go by DN, i will receive everything except PPV and internationals.

question:
How reliable are IKS servers ?
Do they support HD programming ?
what is the status of pakistani channels on major IKS receivers?

Thanks

Bronze Member

TorontoCanada

Post Number: 59
can anyone sada,nydas,kingtapeman or any other member answer my quires ?
Thansk

Gold Member
Username: Lomna

Sac, Calif U.S.A

Post Number: 1313
Farhan,
I'm not a big fan of so called "private server" It is
not a long term solution. More over there is NO gurantee for any thing. So brother,it is all upto you what you want.

Bronze Member
Username: Black_jack

Post Number: 28
Farhan........... I have been inactive for while on this site. I have a freind who offer me to share his DN account. Its just the upfront amount is too much (around 600 dollars) but the account is legitimate and equipment is genuine too

Sub-sharing is the best way to go.

Why the up front money of $600.00?

My Cousin shares with his friend and there is no
upfront money.They splite the monthy bill.

Farhan............question:
How reliable are IKS servers ?
Not good out for the fast buck
Do they support HD programming ?
Some do, but very few channels

what is the status of pakistani channels on major IKS receivers?

Sada ...can answer he is a Pakistani

Bronze Member

TorontoCanada

Post Number: 60
thanks Iceman and Devin.

Well Iceman, the upfront cost is around 600 because I live in Canada and have to buy the receiver and dish equipment from USA. The installer charged it for buying equipment (receiver, dish, switch, lnb), installation, and receiver registration/activation.

Where your cousin lives? he didn't have to pay for the equipment?

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 19484
If you are sharing with a friend who has a DN account, then obviously relibility and quality wise that would be the best solution.
With IKS you will have a service that goes up and down a bit too often for comfort. But again, IKS private server is a bit more reliable than the public server i.e if you get the right private server. and if you are paying monthly only then it would be a resonable price.
The Pakistani channels are more likely to go or show freeing than the others on a IKS.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
Farhan
Where your cousin lives?

In the USA and his friend also lives in the USA
the account is in his friends name.
His friend had Dish Network install four receivers in his home
and gave one to my cousin.

No he didn't have to pay for the equipment?

If you have a friend in the USA you could also do the same thing.

Gold Member

Sac, Calif U.S.A

Post Number: 1314
Yes farhan. As Iceman explained. You need not to worry for anything if you know someone who lives in the U.S
Also you need not to pay anything for the equipment, just sharing cost of the prgramming. Dealers in canada are real robbers. stop dealing with them.
farhan, why don't you share bev. I think bev chanls are equally good as dn. Just curious !!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
Farhan,
I'm not a big fan of so called "private server" It is
not a long term solution
Agree

I think bev chanls are equally good as dn. Just curious !!
Disagree

Dish Network
Cheaper then Bell
Lot more channels to choice from
more sport channels
more movie channels
more Hindi channels

Upload

Bronze Member

TorontoCanada

Post Number: 61
well Bev don't offer pakistani channels. only ARY is on bev. I don't know anyone in usa, the people I know a bit don't have DN ).
I can buy the receiver from USA a lot cheaper than the dealers in canada offering but I am not sure about what dish and lnb/switch I should buy to watch HD and internationals.
I do have the setup already installed at my home. I have 33 inch dish with lnb but I am not sure if the original DN receiver can work on this.

If I go to IKS private server which receiver I should buy, and how can I know the best private server?

If some one knows please tell me , Do I need original DN dish, lnb, and switch to watch DN programing(sub sharing) ?
Thanks all for your help

Gold Member

Sac, Calif U.S.A

Post Number: 1315
Farhan, you don't need original dn dish/. the one you have will work. Now farhan you need physical adr in U.S in order to get your recr to activate. you can buy basic recr from radio shack for about 100 dollars.HD dvr is about 250.
You must have a adr in the U.S

Bronze Member

TorontoCanada

Post Number: 62
thanks devin. i don't have us address but I can find one through relatives. are you sure that FTA equipment will work as a replacement of DN equipment? because I have been told that I must have DN dish, lnb, and switch in order to watch legal subscription(sub sharing)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
Farhan.......... I have 33 inch dish with lnb but I am not sure if the original DN receiver can work on this

Farhan
from Toronto, Canada
your 33" Dish will work just fine.
you LNB needs to be Circular
don't need a switch, you connecting only to one receiver
all you need is a receiver from a relative in the USA
to sub-share. If he or she don't have a subscription now
you can chose a package from DirecTV or Dish Network.

Bronze Member

TorontoCanada

Post Number: 63
thanks iceman. i will talk to my dish guy if he can arrange a circular lnb. i might have a dual tuner receiver so i guess i will need a switch for two tvs
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us