Newlink for Sonicview

Bronze Member
Username: Orbill

Post Number: 16
Does anybody know anything about this new devise?

www.newlinkexpress.com

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 19225
newlinkexpress.com is a recently registered US based company.
The special thing about this adaptor is that it is said to work with Sonicview 4000 as well as the SV Premier and Elite. If it does, they could have big sales. However, you should know that the device is not capable of anything unless it is programmed and connected to an IKS server. Even if the sale of this device takes off, they will soon crash the server, if the company is not phoney and the server does exist.
Their forum is hosted in Netherands. I could not find any mention of files.
I would stay away from it for a few weeks till we get more information.

Bronze Member
Username: Tansarbh

Post Number: 45
By Premier you mean SV360 Premier? Or there is a 4000 Premier?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19226
SV360 Premier SV360 Elite and SV 8000HD
The above three are known to be supported by Sonicview Ihub.
This new device is also said to be supporting SV 4000 which is otherwise a discontinued receiver.

Username: Cybertron

Post Number: 1
I hope it works it should look something like this.Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
If anybody using newlink, please share your experience to help others.

Thanks guys.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19314
Newlink is real. It also has been found to work on SV4000, but with a lot of freezing. It works much better on 360 and HD.
There are devices being sold on ebay which are really old i-hubs renamed. They are NOT compatible. Therefore, if you buy one of these renamed i-hub devices the Newlink file will not work on it.
There is yet another device which is more like a router with four outlets and is said to work as a IKS device. I have yet to come upon write-ups on this device as to its functionality.
So if you are going to buy a Newlink, it is best if you buy from a reliable source. You are still taking a risk that it may not work or that IKS would stop. If you are buying it specifically for SV4000, you are going to get a not-too-reliable device.

Silver Member
Username: Guru4u

El Centro, Cali Baby

Post Number: 271
Mustansar This device works perfectly Do NOT I repeat Do NOT Listen to nalin

Bronze Member

Post Number: 49
Are you using this King?

Silver Member

El Centro, Cali Baby

Post Number: 272
A friend of mine in LA is and I think I will order one soon

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19315
3 days ago at dsstester/com
C/P
"Read over some threads, so I know everybody almost need to know how newlink working. Let me confirm with you guy that I got one and tried it on SV premier and Sv4000. with SV 360 Pre with newlink worked great freezing free and almost up on prenium movies channels. Sv 4000 and newink worked too but maybe by the bin file still bad so tv up about 5 minutes and down no comeback. If you want it works back. just turn off the switch at the back and turn on. Tv will be up back but down again after 5 or 10 minutes like before. Anyone else have this happening like me, please post "status of the Newlink"

Further reply 2 days ago at dsstester/com
C/P

"SV-360 elite working well with newlink and SV-4000 up for about 5 mins and then freeze. After the 4000 freezes if you go to IPConfig it will tell you "adapter not ready". This shows that the 4000 and newlink are losing communication with each other (bin file related since 360 is working)."

These posts are beween 16-17 July. The latest file for newlink is dated 2nd July, 2010.

I told you before, "Cooler King" not to contradict me. You have far less knowledge and expertise in these matters than I have. If you want to risk your money on this device that is your problem, but DO NOT MISLEAD the posters ar ecoustics with your half knowledge or rather semi-ignorance.

Silver Member

El Centro, Cali Baby

Post Number: 273
All this month there have been improvement fix's for this device. Especially at ABADSS. Again DO NOT listen to nalin....He just post the first thing he googles about the question and has NO practical experience about anything

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19316
Newlink is real. It also has been found to work on SV4000, but with a lot of freezing. It works much better on 360 and HD.
There are devices being sold on ebay which are really old i-hubs renamed. They are NOT compatible. Therefore, if you buy one of these renamed i-hub devices the Newlink file will not work on it.
There is yet another device which is more like a router with four outlets and is said to work as a IKS device. I have yet to come upon write-ups on this device as to its functionality.
So if you are going to buy a Newlink, it is best if you buy from a reliable source. You are still taking a risk that it may not work or that IKS would stop. If you are buying it specifically for SV4000, you are going to get a not-too-reliable device.

Gold Member
Username: Runnerguy

Pluto

Post Number: 2124
Thanks for your help Cooler King----I found the new improvement fix at ABA

Silver Member

El Centro, Cali Baby

Post Number: 274
http://preferredbypete.com/sv360-premier/21976-sv-360-premier-207-newlink-7-a.ht ml

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19317
C/P

"SV-360 elite working well with newlink and SV-4000 up for about 5 mins and then freeze. After the 4000 freezes if you go to IPConfig it will tell you "adapter not ready". This shows that the 4000 and newlink are losing communication with each other (bin file related since 360 is working)."

Cooler King: If you can read English, you will notice that SV 360 is OK with Newlikn and SV4000 is NOT.

Silver Member
Username: Juancho

CANADA Xx

Post Number: 939
I don't know what's going on, but sv has 1 week workings with many issues on the servers, files and ihubs. If you base your opinion on SV is up from the forum, then you are lost, Why? because every couple of hrs channels are changing
up and down,sometimes just a couple are up, mostly 340,341,170,172,sometimes almost all 300's are up, but no all receivers are up, this is weird, some ppl said because of differents ihubs, now there are 3 ,WM,5e and link, depend on what ihub+STB you are using,SV has to be clear on "upgrade to new ihub" or keep the ppl crazy with so many ihub problems, sometimes your STD lost S# and you have to start over again.
Somethings is going on as often times many other marks are down too all at the same times. Now I dont touch the sv setup, only turn on to ckeck for imagen, Why? because the forum all have very confuse info about what's going on,and no so many to ckeck for good info.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19320
Juan: We were specifically discussing a device called Newlink connected to SV 360 and SV4000. This is different form i-hub. - differnt files as well. On e-bay they are selling i-hubs with Newlink name on it and that might not be the right thing to do. I was advising people to buy Newlink from a reliable seller. It certainly seems to work for SV360 but not very well for SV4000.

Silver Member

CANADA Xx

Post Number: 940
It's the same Nalyn, Newlink is for all the sv no only the 4000 and 360's it's for sv8000, The only thing is it works for the 4000, + they said more faster, but now there are no differences on good service or more channels, the problems are the same on the 3 of them, call it new link or wathever, right now there are many channels up on sv on all receivers + ihub-new link + no freezing. the problem is fron 9.00 am to 7:00pm there are so many batches of ihubs,no working, what I beleieve is they are pleasing all plpl then you have tv for hrs, Why no one new link for all.? just upgrade, as so many ppl are brickings their ihubs................
cheaper ,easy y more $ for the servers..
The new link is for ppl wihtout pc's knowledge. just plug in ihub
it does it all..I know that because I pluged one for some else,

Bronze Member

Post Number: 50
So, you need ihub alongwith newlink? as per "The new link is for ppl wihtout pc's knowledge. just plug in ihub
it does it all..I know that because I pluged one for some else,"

Silver Member

CANADA Xx

Post Number: 941
No, you only need one of those. My point is, why no said ppl upgrade to new link and you will have less complain about servers,files ,channels,etc., because now many ppl desperate for watching tv do wathever the sites said.and doing so they brick their ihub,especially sv360 elite user,
Maybe at the end everybody will need a new link as they are dealing with 3 kinds of ihubs and accesing the servers. are too sensitive now that when doing a channel change very often no more channels, gone,.... let the stb on the channel you want and turn off tv, later on ....no imagen wait a little longer,,,,,

Bronze Member

Post Number: 51
Thats good to know.
One more thing, what is reliable source to order it? So that I get what I order since i am reading that companies are sending i-hubs instead of newlink. Does it look different than i-hub? I have neither so I don't know.

Thanks man.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19330
[Link removed] There might be other places too - Google it. Avoid ebay for now

Gold Member

Pluto

Post Number: 2125
Nalin's site is a ripoff Ebay is good

Platinum Member

Post Number: 19331
Zulu: I am going by several posts in dsstester saying that ebay was selling i-hubs relabelled Newlink and they were not working. I think i will stick by the experience of those actual users at dsstester. The Newlink which was made as a Newlink has a different file and works with SV4000 with some freezing.

Gold Member

Pluto

Post Number: 2126
I know from experience!!! Not something I googled

Silver Member

CANADA Xx

Post Number: 943
the files for new link sv receivers. anyone can buy the new link for use con sv.
.SV4000_newlink_4K4 07_01_2010 : SV4000_newlink_4K4 07_01_2010
SV8000HD_Newlink HD3_07_01_2010 : SV8000HD_Newlink
SV360 Elite Newlink E5 07_01_2010 : SV360 Elite Newlink E5 07_01_2010
SV360_Premier 207 Newlink_07_01_2010 : SV360_Premier 207
no updates ...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 53
Ok people. I have ordered newlink. It should be here on Friday or so. I will install it and will update how is it doing.

Silver Member

CANADA Xx

Post Number: 950
there is a new Archivo newlink
Sv 4000 bin para newlink ihub
post today at...xxx no many sites now

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
I have not yet received the part yet. on 26th July, they said will ship it. I am in Canada so they said it would take a week.
Have not received it yet. Any body in Canada ordered it so that I know how long it takes to arrive?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us