No video output on tv from my thinkpad T42

Username: Tapasbni

Post Number: 1
Hi techies, I have a s-video output on Thinkpad T42 and have connected both my tv and my laptop with a s-video cable. The image I have on the tv screen is just the background of my desktop (NO icons, nothing else) I looked in my DISPLAY PROPERTIES under SETTINGS it lists my laptop monitor as monitor 1 and my TV as monitor 2. I can actually drag my mouse arrow over to the to the far right side of the laptop monitor and then it appears on the TV. I haven't been able to find an option to change this under my display settings or my video card options. There are 2 boxes in the display option that I question the first that says "use this device as primary monitor" which is always checked for my laptop monitor and the other that say "extend my windows desktop onto this monitor" which is always checked for monitor 2, my TV. I think these options ar the key but I can't get the first box unchecked for monitor 1 to make my TV the primary monitor. Any ideas?

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 952
You are looking for an option to "duplicate monitors"

Username: Bcardenas

Post Number: 1
I'm having the exact same problem - did you get it resolved - how do you get the "duplicate monitors" option? Thanks in advance!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us