Samsung HLS5679WX/XAA

Username: Steeler_fan

Pa. USA

Post Number: 1
TV acted up in 3rd quarter of Super Bowl.I turned the TV off. (Finished game on different set) Next morning tried to turn TV on. Nothing. Unplugged till after work. Plugged it in and tried again. LED on front panel blinks about 20 times, then: timer, led, standby/temp blink. Following some other threads: removed back, turned on. Fans run & are clean, did not see any bright light. When fans running DP100 & DP101 are lit. When all three are blinking no fans are running. Samsung so far is telling me they can do nothing as I am out of Warranty. (So far) Certified Samsung Tech called today. Says it is the control board, its on back order and will be $400-$600. He has never seen the set. Told me to call Samsung back. The set was delivered to me on 07/13/2007. The version #REO1 There is a click in the back left (as looked at from behind) when it tries to turn on. Being an LED version I didn't think there was a lamp.

Thanks!!! for any and all help. Sorry if I have posted this in the wrong place. Will be happy to supply anything else needed.

Pa. USA

Post Number: 2
Mods, please close this thread. I posted in the wrong place and after 5 calls Samsung is going to warranty the set. Thanks, John

Username: Seanehensley

Orlando, FL USA

Post Number: 1
I am having the same issue as John with my same-modle DLP and am wondering what is going on and what should be done. My set is also past warranty. I called Samsung and they referred a technician. The tech wants me to pay $95 just to come out and perform a diagnostic. Then labor and repairs will be assessed. Help me, PLEASE!!!

Pa. USA

Post Number: 3
Good luck Sean is all I can tell you. After many calls with Samsung lying constantly I was able to get a prorated refund on the tv. They where never able to get the part to repair the tv. I was told that the needed part was the controller board. They had already replaced the light engine and a couple of other boards.

I am now the HAPPY owner of a Panasonic 50" Plasma that I have had 0 problems with.

Pa. USA

Post Number: 4
If you wish for Samsung to do anything you will have to call constantly. Be persistant, once you have become enough of a bother they will deal. It took me about two months and close to 60 phone calls, all of which where made by me. Samsung does not bother to return phone calls.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us