Copy dvd to vhs

Username: Dan_smith

Post Number: 1
Does anyone know what equipment is needed to copy a dvd movie off of a DVD player to a vhs tape on a VCR ????
Thank You.

Eric
Unregistered guest
Hi

You just need a stabilizer for your image! I've got one it's made by "Optex" (aprox = 50$ can$)

Anonymous

Where can I purchase an image stabilizer-Optex or otherwise?

Eric
Unregistered guest
Where are you came from? I'm in Quebec and I buy the stabilizer in "Stereo Plus". Any electronic store will probably know what you are looking for. If not, give me your e-mail adress and I will send you a picture of the product...

Username: Bucketweet

California USA

Post Number: 7
Checkout this website:

http://hometheater.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?site=http://www.facetvideo.c om/

The Clarifier Macrovision Killer should work.

I've never tried this unit so I can't vouch for it.

Good luck

Gorurk
Unregistered guest
a stabilizer is not nessacary!!!
the dvd my brother has lets you copy straight from dvd to vhs without any stabilizer crap. if your dvd player does not let u do this then try to find it's region hack(if u can find it). this should then work.

California USA

Post Number: 10
Now that you mention it you are right. I did copy a DVD to VHS when I first received my DVD recorder/player. I then tried to copy the VHS back to DVD and it failed.

Dale

Username: Andyyanov

Post Number: 3
Hi Daniel!
I am using DVD Red Pro from Dimax ( http://www.dimax.com.ua ). PRO version allow to copy even DVD to DVD. But sometimes I need to copy DVD to VHS and I am using it too.
Hope this help you too.
Write me message if you need help.

Andy

Unregistered guest
Hi I got a Sanyo DVW-6100 DVD, VHS Recorder, can't get it to record certain DVD'S due to copyright issue, is there a way around it.

Bronze Member

California USA

Post Number: 12
rmele;

Check out these websites

http://www.dimax.com.ua/English/dvd_recorder.htm

http://hometheater.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?site=http://www.facetvideo.c om/

The Clarifier Macrovision Killer should work.

I've never tried this unit so I can't vouch for it.

Good luck

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
Hello rmele!
Dale is right, first you should to do is
check compatibility, but nobody can say
exactly. You can try any device and
Dimax have strong support rules. They
will help you with DVD Red Pro.

Andy.

Anonymous

Has anybody experienced any quality problems with the FacetVideo Clarifier? I'm trying to copy my kids' VHS collection to DVD so we can watch in the car, but signal degradation is introduced thru the Clarifier - the signal is fine as soon as I take the Clarifier out of the signal stream (but of course, then I can't copy the movies to DVD).

I'm using RCA output from the VCR into the Clarifier, and S-Video output from the Clarifier to a Panasonic DMR-E55K.

Good news - it does work. Bad news - the signal degradation makes it workable for 7" screens only - large screen viewing makes you seasick.

Any input would be appreciated. thx.

Bronze Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 64
I'm not familiar with that exact one but mine has an adjustment inside that can be used for best picture quality. The picture should be better on the DVD than the original, it is for me. Bad cable maybe?

Unregistered guest
you need 2 vhs players, vhs1 and vhs2.step 1: connect your vhs1 scart cable in the tv, step 2:connect the dvd player in vhs2(with another scart cable), step 3: connect the antenna cable from vhs2 to tv and cach the vhs2 player signal (put in AV channel in your vhs2 to catch the dvd player signal) and copy in vhs1 directly from tv by antenna signal. good copy!! :-)

Anonymous

HI!
I have a sony tv, dvd and a vcr. I have been trying to hook up the connections to record a dvd into a vhs tape but failed. Could you please tell me where to put the jacks in the right places?

Feeling Lucky.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 100
Most DVDs are copyguarded and can't be copied without a stabilizer. Hook RCA jacks from the DVDs out to the in on the VCR. Then change the VCR from tuner to line.

Unregistered guest
cirrusportugal. is there anymore you can add to the hook up you describe, cant seem to get it to work thanks

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
Hi!
There is more easy and reliable way. You can try to use DVD Red Pro for your purposes. It have very good notes in Internet. And I am using it for myself. Be sure it works.
Write me if you need help.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
Hi!
There is more easy and reliable way. You can try to use DVD Red Pro for your purposes. It have very good notes in Internet. And I am using it for myself. Be sure it works.
Write me if you need help.
www.dimax.com.ua

Anonymous

Go to simacorp.com if you want to get a GOOD copy.

Unregistered guest
Hi!
There is very simple way to record DVD on VHS. Follow this steps:
1. Plug in scart cable into VCR from your DVD player (I hope you have scart cable and scart entrance from DVD.Most of DVD players have)
2. connect your antena to VCR and then (normaly) into TV,
3. Find the chanel of VCR on you TV (if you ever wach TV chanels through VCR it will be very easy for you to set up chanels)
4. List with you remote controler chanels on VCR until (of course your DVD player must be turn on) you find out AVI (or to be precise until you see DVD picture on your TV)
5. When you find picture from DVD on you TV procedure for recording is same as when you record some movies from TV.
6. Just press REC on your VCR and
7. That`s it, enjoy

P.S.Of course don`t forget to put tape inside of VCR :-)

Addy, Sarajevo

Unregistered guest
My son used a modulator to hook up the digital cable box, dvd player, and vcr. I am trying to copy from dvd to vhs. Will the modulator allow me to do that?

Silver Member

Post Number: 571
No, you need a stabilizer.

Anonymous

I can't believe you're actually buying hardware to do this.

All you have to do is play the dvd on a tv, set the vcr to channel 0, play the dvd, record, and voila.

Anonymous

OK, here's a new one for you. I have an Emerson TV/DVD combo. I want to copy our Care Bears dvds on vhs so my grands can watch them in the van. The vcr and tv have front AV jacks (r,w,y). I can't find an L channel on that vcr, but do have 2 on another vcr. This is driving me crazy!!! Usually I can hook anything up! Help, please?

Silver Member

Post Number: 837
Combos don't have outputs, only inputs. You can't output from a combo TV/DVD to a VCR.

Anonymous

David, thanks for the prompt reply. I will now use all the other info I learned here to use other TV, seperate dvd and vhs. (Drat!!)

Roxie Gal
Unregistered guest
If you were buying a stabilizer for under $100, which brand would you get, Red Pro, VS-8000 Digital Video Stabilizer, GoDVD! Model CT-2, Sima ct-1 CopyThis! Digital Video Enhancer or another brand. I am new at this. Thanks :o) Roxie Gal

Silver Member

Post Number: 929
What do you want to copy?

Margie
Unregistered guest
I just bought a panasonic DVD recorder/VHS combo. I want to transfer all of my old Disney movies to DVD. The salesman at the store said this could be done. Was he wrong? I keep getting a copyright message when I try. Is there any way to copy my old disney VHS tapes?

Silver Member

Post Number: 931
The only to copy with a combo is to use a seperate VCR and a stabilizer. Disney movies are about the most heavily copy protected movies there are. Usually you will still be able to see a little of the copy protection, but it can be done.

Roxie Gal
Unregistered guest
David, I would like to try DVD to DVD, and VHS to DVD. Which stabilizers are best for this? Thanks for your help :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 932
If you are looking to spend $100, I'd buy a burner for the PC to do DVDs, and a cheap stabilizer for the VHS. You can do that for under $100. Any stabilizer should work on VHS, and a burner will make better copies of DVDs faster than a standalone.

Username: Recorderer

Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 2
How do these stabilizers work in general? Any ideas? Sorry, but I'm really a dummie at this.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1142
It depends what you want to do with one. They work fine for copying VHS, some may have problems with DVDs.

Unregistered guest
Okay, I saw how you answered the copying Disney videos to DVD question and you said get a Stableizer. What kind of stablizer should I get and how expensive are they and where do you get one? Thanks

Gold Member

Post Number: 1368
Anywhere from $20 to over $100. MCM Electronics has them for $20. I have a sale catalog with them for $18, you would need the source code, e-mail me if you want the code.

Unregistered guest
Hi David, Regarding your response to my postings. (Okay, I saw how you answered the copying Disney videos to DVD question and you said get a Stableizer. What kind of stablizer should I get and how expensive are they and where do you get one? Thanks)
Your Response
(Anywhere from $20 to over $100. MCM Electronics has them for $20. I have a sale catalog with them for $18, you would need the source code, e-mail me if you want the code.)
My Question - What is a source code and how would I use it? Is it a code that is inputted in the stablizer for Disney videos? Sorry for the stupid questions. Maybe I should just go on e-bay and purchse DVD od all the videos from overseas @ $4.80 a pop. Thanks, Jennifer Sellers

Unregistered guest
Hi David, Regarding your response to my postings. (Okay, I saw how you answered the copying Disney videos to DVD question and you said get a Stableizer. What kind of stablizer should I get and how expensive are they and where do you get one? Thanks)
Your Response
(Anywhere from $20 to over $100. MCM Electronics has them for $20. I have a sale catalog with them for $18, you would need the source code, e-mail me if you want the code.)
My Question - What is a source code and how would I use it? Is it a code that is inputted in the stablizer for Disney videos? Sorry for the stupid questions. Maybe I should just go on e-bay and purchse DVD od all the videos from overseas @ $4.80 a pop. Thanks, Jennifer Sellers

Gold Member

Post Number: 1370
The code is on the sale catalog, you need it to get the whole $2 off.

Unregistered guest
I HAVE DVD LIKE TO COPY VCR TAPE CAN BE DONE.
PLEASE LET KNOW OK! WHERE I SEND TO HAVE DONE.
PLEASE LET ME KNOW OK!

carole beacher
Unregistered guest
Hi, i've just been reading these posts, trying to figure out if i can copy an ordinary dvd from my sony dvd player onto a vhs tape using a 2 yr old daewoo video recorder/player - all pretty standard stuff - without buying or adding anything new. And does my tv have to be routed into the recording pathway? I'm in the US. Thank you!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1414
Not without a stabilizer, unless it's not copy protected, which is rare.

Unregistered guest
Hi David,
I have a DVD/VHS combo unit. How can I copy DVD's to VHS. I have tried and get the Copyright message which prohibits me from recording? Would a stabilizer allow me to do this?
Sincerely,

Gold Member

Post Number: 1457
Yes, but you would need a seperate VCR or DVD player. Unless you could use the external VCR output to the DVD input, I've never used a combo and don't know if it's possible or not.

Anonymous

david in response to the one where you said get a burner for your pc and copy a dvd. i have a burner on my pc but if the dvd is protected it will not let you burn (copy) is there another way to do this on your pc with your burner

Gold Member

Post Number: 1460
DVD Decrypter, DVD Shrink. Shrink will do 95% or more of them without Decrypter. A few of the new DVDs with Arcos protection will have to be done with Decrypter in file mode first.

mtnrstdybr
Unregistered guest
how do you do the decrypter or dvd shrink i dont know much about this stuff but im slowly learning

Gold Member

Post Number: 1463
Shrink isn't hard to use, but has a lot of options depending on what you want on the copy, time you want to spend and quality of the copy.

Unregistered guest
i try to copy some dvd's to a vcr everything works fine but the picture goes from color to black and white

Gold Member

Post Number: 1689
Copy protection on the DVDs.

Patsie
Unregistered guest
There is a Web Site where they will copy VHS to DVD, or DVD to VHS for you - it is www.leegraphicdesign.biz
If you want to do it yourself, check out Tiger Direct and buy their Beyond TV unit - works in the US and Europe!

Unregistered guest
I want to copy my own DVD movies that I made with my camcorder, edited on my PC, and copied to a rewritable DVD I can play on my regular DVD player attached to my TV. I converted it from PC play only so that anyone can play it on their DVD players. If I buy a cheap VCR, will I be able to play my DVD on my TV, and copy onto a cheap VCR on channel 0?
Do I need to unwrite protect my own DVDs? If so, how do I do this? Anybody know?
Thank you!

Unregistered guest
what kind of DVDs do I buy to copy my home videos to DVD?
Thanks

bobbie342423
Unregistered guest
wow, this is really easy... you don't need software to do it, and by the way i won a combo dvd/vcr palyer,a junky $60 one, and even it has an output in aux to those saying they don't ehre, how don't go wasting your money on software. you need a tv, a vcr and a dvd player with output in aux(what you would hook your tv up to the wall that one) first, you hook out aux from dvd player to the in in the vcr player, then out aux in vcr player to the tv. next set chanel 3 or 4 or whatever your vcr and dvd player are set ( set them both to teh same, i sue 3) then turn tv vcr and dvd palyer on, the dvd start screen should be on the tv.
hitt he record function on vcr and let it run for a few serconds then hit play on vcr. the movie should show up on the screen, after about 30 seconds i liek to jsut double check make sure it's working, so stopt eh movie rewind the tape and check to make sure it worked, then jsut start over agin, click record on vcr give a min or two then play on dvd and let it go until the movie is finished proveded it worked the first time. i've copied 100's of movies this way so it works, and you don't need any crapy software.

Anonymous

Hi,
My question is... if I connect the DVD's RCA Video output to VHS RCA video input ... Do I receive correctly the video signal when I monitor on TV (RF connected)?
(without the stabilizer)

Thanks in advanced for your answers

Gold Member

Post Number: 1994
You'll probably have copy protection problems running through a VCR, wheather recording or not.

gummytreat
Unregistered guest
ok so i know how to record from a dvd player(i use an xbox) to vhs tape..it works perfectly..but i own a dvd thats an import (japan or something) and it wont work on the xbox. now i only have one dvd player that will actually play the dvd (i tried my ps2 but i can only hear the audio but the image of dvd menu stays the same)
well i might have all the parts to do this (except the stabalizer thingy i never tried those yet) but i want to see if i could get the Video (red white and yellow cables) and record them to vhs. but when i tried before i couldnt get the dvd player signal and all that resulted from my tried efforts was a temper tantrum. i tried all together about 5 times and every time there was always something missing.

question 1)to record,would i have to use 2 sets of Video cables to record from dvd to vhs ie: send dvd player signal to VCR and then to the tv?

question 2)or would i or could i use a special trinket that can change a Video (red white yellow cables)signal into a Aux (typical generic tv cable spinner thing) signal and use that to play on my tv while recording? i think ive actually seen one of those Trinkets somewheres like radio shack or something.

well anyways thats all i wanted to know if you have any more info on that sublect then please email me: gummy_tree_snack@yahoo.ca

joejoejoe
Unregistered guest
If you have an old VHS recorder (pre 2002 ?) it might copy movies OK (some do, some don't). After 2002 all VHS recorders have automatic gain control, which is what macrovision (Disney movies) uses to mess up the picture.
A video stabilizer is suppose to correct this, but I don't know if there's much difference in the quality of the different units.

Unregistered guest
I need to copy a movie from a DVD to a VHS. I made the DVD so there aren't any copyright issues.

In order to copy the movie from the DVD to a VHS what do I need to do?

I think I can connect RCA cables from the DVD to the TV, and then from the TV output to the VCR input. Then play the movie I want from the DVD and hit the record button on the VCR when I want to start recording what is on the TV. Can somebody please confirm that this will work. Thanks.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2067
Connect the DVD to the VCR and the VCR to the TV. Set the VCR to line.

Unregistered guest
Hi
I am a novice and just starting out. Would like to copy vcr tapes to dvd, and old reel to reel to cd's. I have a fairly good computer, running xp. What hardware and software would I need to get started? I am reading all these posting, but am really confused with digital stablizers and such. Is there a " copying for Dummies" out there. Any Help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Unregistered guest
I need to copy a dvd (from disposable video camera from CVS) to a vhs tape. I have a tv/vcr/dvd combo unit. What do I need to do?

Thanks!

Jewel_Brite
Unregistered guest
I've used the Clarifier. My model is now the "Clarifier Classic.", but when I bought it in 2003, it was the only one available. It worked fine, but certain movies will still have a "jagged" look to the titles and to the picture itself.
I don't find the Clarifier stable. Even though I had it plugged into a surge protector, whenever there was a slight power glitch or spike the Clarifier would not work. There would be sound, but no picture when I tried to make copies. I would have to unplug it (Clarifier called this "rebooting") entirely, then plug everything back again. Sometimes it would work, sometimes not. Finally, after 2 years of this off-again, on-again business, it died. I asked facetvideo for suggestions but they totally ignored my emails. So my experience with this device is so-so. Facetvideo is VERY POOR in their tech support and email response. I would NOT recommend buying this company's products, since they do not respond to emails when you have problems with their products.

jake's mom
Unregistered guest
hi, I want to copy from DVD to VHS from PC, without a TV. The DVD was made here and wouldn't have copy-protection.

I have various cables to connect the VCR to the hard drive; can this be done this way? Thanks!

Unregistered guest
Hi All,
i read a lot of ways that you mention of how records a dvd movies into vhs, is there any one try to copy the dvd movies running in a PS2(PlayStation 2) into a VHS. i have a tv, PS2 and VHS recorder?
hope to help asap.
Regards

Username: Laurabeth

FLINT, MI United States

You don't need any of this other stuff. To copy a DVD to VHS especially on a DVD VCR combo. mine is a magnavox I connected the cords that came with it from the audio video in the front to the audio and video in the back. Works fine just records in black and white. you put your TV on L2. you take the cords red, yellow and white that come with your VCR PLUG them in to the audio and video in the front and back of the combo. you will know when it right you will hear what ever you are playing ad you will see it. I used the red and white ends and just kept putting them in different audio and video holes until i got it right. Disney is clear as can be it just in black and white

Silver Member
Username: Leafs_fan_4_eva

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 101
Does anyone even come to this thread???

Username: Spade117

I am looking for help on transferring my daughter's vhs disney movies to dvd. When I try to copy them it works for about 10 seconds and then stops and says the movie is copyrighted, and won't allow the copy process to occur. Any help?

Username: Kyle082

Both Cirrusportugal's and Addy's posts are effective to the purpose.
Using Addy's option, quality is slightly better but you've gotta have two VRCs at handy.
The problem of recording from DVD to VCR it's not all about Macrovision, the signal may be not stable even when there's no Macrovision for sure (trying to copy a DVD I recorded myself, however using Addy's and Cirrusportugal's steps you'll work around your problems for sure.
Scroll up to read their messages.

No need to buy anything!!!!

Username: Doug_e_fresh

Hi All who are wise,
i am trying to copy a dvd movie to VHS, this is what i have so far... i have connected a splitter to the dvd output so i could connect the dvd to the vhs input to record and to the tv so i could wach. wen i have recorded my movi and try to wach it it is all fuzzy and stupid. i think this is because of the copy right thing. so all i need is an image stabilizer right?
thanks for listening and pleas reply!

Username: Chorusline

Somewhere along the way, you lost me. I need to copy a copy protected VHS that I own to DVD since it is getting old. I have a VHS player and a separate DVD player. I also have a cable box that is a DVR player to contend with that everything is currently hooked up with. The VHS player plays through the DVD. If the DVD is not on, I cannot watch a VHS tape. I hope that helps explain how things are hooked up. Is there any easy way for me to copy the VHS tape to DVD or is there a place I can take it to that would do it for me. It's not easy to rewire everything; the equipment is in a cabinet.

Thanks so much for your help.

Username: Tdssds

Manhattan, Ks Us

I rip movies to my computer with magic dvd ripper and i wont to know how to hook up a vcr to the computer so i can record the rip dvd to vhs

Username: Ericboflovsky

Post Number: 4
That would be complicated Thomas. I would advice just burning those movies on DVD.
But if it's so necessary than you should buy a capture card for your PC with coax output

Username: Omygodkennydied

I used to have this mad old TV from like, the 80's, and it let me record everything with my RCA Accu Search Four Head VCR. I could record cable, antenna, dvds, and even ps2 stuff. But now, I have a (kind of) new TV, and I can't record anything from ps2 or dvd. Basically, I'd like to know if this is because of some copyright thing, and if so, how do I get around it?

Username: Pjmaster

United Kingdom

Post Number: 8
I'm not sure if it is possible to use a computer to do that.
However, I do have SONY product that I bought a couple of years back.
I don't know the name of it, and I'm too lazy to try and find it, but it does what's called "dubbing", where you put in a tape and a blank DVD-R and it transfers the info. Pretty cool if you ask me.
I remember i bought it for 150$ at a local Best Buy. It should be cheaper now.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us