Sonic View to take over with N3 switch?

Silver Member
Username: Jwl1

Post Number: 366
I heard from a source today that when N2 is gone and N3 is up, that Sonic View and NFusion will be the only boxes that will be any good, and that other boxes will be useless.

Has anyone else heard this? The person that told me this said they got it straight from the horses mouth at Sonic View. I believe that they were told this. However, I have my doubts that this will be the case. But then again, what do I know.

Also, for all I know, this may have already been discussed, as I haven't been keeping a close eye on the threads.

Gold Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 9008
LOL

The person who said it is a Sonicview seller.

This person forget KBox which is up on Dn N3.

So it's a pure joke and again a strategy by Sonicview.

Gold Member
Username: Tigger_woods

NOBAMA, NOBAMA

Post Number: 1129
Personally I do not believe anybody will be watching N3 on a cardless receiver, from any company.

Nfusion, kbox etc do not have that ability.

Having said that, one could wonder why Sonicview has not been hit in so long? But no, I do not believe there will be any free tv with N3 other than Nfusion etc. I certainly wont be getting Nfusion!

Silver Member
Username: Bugster999

Katy, Tx

Post Number: 161
I am not sure I do know that my buddy has a sonicview and he is able to still see all the PPV and Dirty channels so they must have done something right with that box or they would be dark like ours on those channels.

Gold Member
Username: Mrskullz1

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 1135
^^ wht u talkin bout? i still get dirty channels and ppv's...i def dnt have sonicview...every1 can see those channels as of now. And those dirty channels are the PPV dirty channels..the premium p0rnos are gone

Silver Member
Username: Riconissan

Post Number: 744
ray,
Sonicview is not able to receive channels that have gone to N3 encryption.

Silver Member

Post Number: 367
I was told it has to do with spending the money to crack it and the other ones don't have the money to spend in that regard. I'm sure my wording isn't right, but my understanding is that is takes money to do this, and that Sonic View is supposed to be the only one that will have enough money to put up for the cost.

We shall see. I'm taking it with a grain of salt.

Silver Member
Username: Bernardmi

Post Number: 416
Allright. Let me be crude... The only boxes that will work are those sold by DN and BEV,

Silver Member
Username: Jurj1

Post Number: 704
Even if it was true that Sonicview will work. As soon as they release the first bin for public use, the other coders will reverse engineer it and make the necessary modifications for it to work on their own receivers.

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 9016
Tony Soprano

You are right!

Competitor have only to copy the program and put it in their receiver like that was made on N2.

Silver Member

Post Number: 368
Even if it was true that Sonicview will work. As soon as they release the first bin for public use, the other coders will reverse engineer it and make the necessary modifications for it to work on their own receivers.
_________

That's what I was thinking too. I'll have to hear what is said when I mention that to the source.

Silver Member

Post Number: 417
Gentlemen !

Reverse engineering a running binary file, even if you have all of the engineering tools (in-circuit emulator) requires tons and tons and tons of patience and extreme resources ($$$) to hire the special software engineers to do that work.

And that is true even if you have the same platform development tools as your competitors. That is everyone runs the bin software on the same chipset.

And even if they could do it, they would come up with assembly code for the software. Not even high level language like C or C++.

They would then have to design new code for the routines using high level language calls and then they could port it to another platform (other receiver) with months and months of hard work.

Believe me. Buy yourself a subscription as a temporary measure because it is going to take a long,,,,, very long while.

Gold Member
Username: Donnie1973

Post Number: 3173
so is iks working on bev?? if so, and it can be done on a server, it shouldnt take too long to get a stand alone fix right?

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 9032
dantetn

A sub card is nothing more than a program and a mathematic co-processor and the program can be read, but the mathematic co- processor can't, but if NFusion are able to sub-share this encryption, it was because they was able to understand what happen in this mathematic co-processor.

Silver Member
Username: Bugster999

Katy, Tx

Post Number: 162
If that was true how come Pansat is still not fixed?

Silver Member

Post Number: 426
If the sub card has a math coprocessor on it then can anyone explain me how come my Bell brand new 6141 HD receiver has a card slot but it is empty ?

And yes it works on N3 since I have a sub.

Gold Member

Canada

Post Number: 9045
The Outer Limits

Because this mathematic co-processor is like a FTA receiver, built on board.

Silver Member
Username: Getmo96

Post Number: 110
Embedded code is not that hard find....

The Outer Limits: 8--- , You must always see the glass half emtpy.

Silver Member
Username: Joeturn

Post Number: 314
The Outer Limits ,you are the man.They keep saying its not packet oriented and cardless recievers wont work. Now that you have posed the question!!

For your eyes only!

Now who's going to play Mandark

Assuming you had a full sub!

What if someone were to wire your chip with a ps232 conector and read your chip then clone that reading to a friends box. Wouldnt it work till it hit the internet<I;-)

I mean it always has huh?

Silver Member

Post Number: 371
Outerlimits--that's basically what I was told in regard to it taking money and resources (and plenty of it) even if they can just "copy" the crack and for the reasons you stated.

Username: Area60

Post Number: 1
is it true that viewsat and sonicview are owned by the same person or company?

Silver Member

Post Number: 317
do a serch on "murdoch owns" its got to be there somewhere<I;-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 320
http://bellexpress.vu/forum/local_links.php?catid=64#linkid7410
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us