How To Remove "Reminder Pop Ups" When Using Atlantic 8300 DVR?

Username: Ronsweet2

Post Number: 1
Hello: I have been burning DVDs using an RCA DVD Recorder. Most of the content I burn is taken from recordings stored on my Atlantic 8300 DVR. It has been working great for me, with one notable exception. The 8300 DVR has these annoying screen pop "reminders" saying "you have a scheduled recording that begins in 2 minutes" that keep popping up on the screen. Obviously, I would like to eliminate these when burning DVDs from recordings on the DVR since these pop ups are included in the DVD you are creating.

The only way I have been able to avoid them is to burn DVDs only during "windows" where I do not have any scheduled recordings during that time. The problem with that is, there are only limited opportunities to do this during the day and the recordings build up quickly on the DVR which of course has very limited storage space. I spent considerable time going through the "Settings" on the DVR's remote control to see if there is a way to turn off these reminders. I have also spoken to several people at Comcast who finally confirmed through Atlantic, the manufacturer, that the reminders are probably hard coded into the software on the DVR and cannot be turned off. Perhaps a future release will give you the option to turn them off, or a different type of DVR will have this option in the future.

I was wondering who else ran into this problem and if they had a different solution. The strange thing is, the scheduling reminders do not always come up two minutes prior, and there doesn't appear to be a rhyme or reason to this either. Anyone out there have any ideas?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us