Samsung DLP HLR 5067

Username: 30307

Post Number: 1
The other night there was a thunderstorm, so I unplugged the TV. After I plugged it back in and turned it on, the screen was predominantly green and constantly flashing. There are also 5 vertical stripes running down the screen that are purple and green. It looks this way on all regular channels and on the DVD player. The HD channels have little green or purple squares flashing all across the screen, but the picture is otherwise normal. The menu and the TV Guide screens are not affected, and if you use PIP, the channel on the right looks perfectly normal, but the left screen still has the original problem. Also, the TV will periodically freeze up and shut itself off and then turn back on again. Any ideas?

Bronze Member
Username: Turbo15479

Post Number: 91
Lightning can also follow your cable onnection into the tv. I am not saying this is what happened but it is a possibility. If so your homeowners should cover it. Bob

Username: 30307

Post Number: 2
None of the other TVs in the house were affected. Is it possible that this TV could have been hit without the other 2 getting hit at the same time? They all come out of the same splitter.

Bronze Member
Username: Turbo15479

Post Number: 92
Yes, I had one out of three tv's that received lightning damage coming out of same splitter. Lightning is electricity and it follows the path of least resistance. Bob
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us