DVI port on TV and HDCP

Username: Cowman809

Post Number: 1
ok so i have this RCA tv http://broadband.motorola.com/dvr/dct6208.asp) then one day last february while i was watching tv the screen went black and it said something like: this is not HDCP compliant please switch to component. so now if i ever plug it out and back into the DVI port i get that message OR a set up screen for resolution, ect. then if i exit out i get a flash of the picture and then a blank screen with sound only. this also happens with my DVD player plugged in through HDMI-DVI (only the blank screen with sound)

time warner or RCA weren't helping and since i had 1 extra component port i just plugged it in there and forgot about it. but now i need that component (i just got a wii) and i want to put the cable box back to DVI instead of paying 80 dollars or so for a port switcher.

can you give me my options, thanks

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 2116
­
jon, your options are:

1. Insist TWC trade out the cable box. This usually solves the problem, but in your case it's a long shot since your DVD player does the same thing. I would still do it though. If that doesn't work, then

2. Cough up the 80 bones for a proper component switcher. I mean geez, you got this 50" HDTV for next to nothing. One of the reasons it was so cheap is because it has one-half the inputs one normally finds on HDTVs. That and quite possibly RCA cut some corners on HDCP compliance. Either get a switcher, or

3. Manually change component cables between the cable box and the Wii. The TV is on rollers, isn't it?
­

Gold Member
Username: Cableguy

Somewhere on... U.S.

Post Number: 1017
John S
I agree with you on steps 2 and 3, although I don't know why changing out the cable box would resolve the problem especially since he states he sees the same problem when using the DVD player. You did state it's a long shot and that's exactly the right term.
The TV is on rollers isn't it? riot lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us