Samsung le32r78

Username: Wabster01

NottsUk

Post Number: 1
hello there iv got a samsung le32r78 and when im playing ps3 it looks like the tv carnt cope with the graphics and lines go through the screan like graphic glitchs. i had the repair man out today that fitted a new board or whatever it is and its still doing it,so now they are saying its my ps3 even though it does it on my mates ps3 and xbox 360 but when i take my ps3 to his it doesnt do it.anyboady know or heard anything else like this?

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 1965
­
I am assuming you are using an HDMI cable from the PS3 to the TV. Defective HDMI cable? Maybe. Have you tried component into the Samsung? You do have to get a special cable to fit the PS3's proprietary A/V output, but I'll bet that will work better.

Gold Member

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 1966
­
Before you try component, make sure you haven't configured the PS3 to output 1080p. The PS3 should be sending 1080i to the Samsung.

NottsUk

Post Number: 3
iv tried 2 different hdmi cables and 2 different ps3s.iv also got it set to 720 not 1080

Gold Member

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 1967
­
The video should be fine with the PS3 at 720...Upload

Even so it would be interesting to see if you have the same problem with the PS3 at 1080i.

Also, does the "gaming mode" on this TV make any difference?

NottsUk

Post Number: 4
it does this at 1080 and no the game mode doesnt make any difference.my mate came to look at it the other day and said its nowhere near his picture on his tv which is the very same model

Gold Member

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 1968
­
If the TV works well with regular TV (freeview, cable, satellite, or what have you) then how can you blame the repair people for pointing their finger at the PS3?

Did you use HDMI when you tested your mate's xbox 360?
­

NottsUk

Post Number: 5
i used his hdmi cable and i also took my ps3 to his house.it all points to my tv.when i watch normal tv via sky the picture is very ghosty and looks very boxy

Gold Member

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 1971
­
I would get an exchange. It does sound like there's a definite problem with this TV.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us