Cable Splitter to 2 cable boxes...

Username: Bmxmike

Post Number: 2
Ok so here is my question....

I plan on buying a Sharp LC-42D43U, Now in the house we have Digital Cable with 1 cable box in the living room. At first the cable was run through a 1-2 cable splitter and was running from the living room to my bedroom. We now have this.....

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103093

This is the setup now, 0. Cable input, 1. Cable Box, 2. Bedroom T.V., 3. Computer tuner Card, 4. None.

Now I am going to rent a HD Cable box from Cox and my question is if im running the HD Box in my room,

1. Will I still be receiving the HD signal?
2. I really dont need the 4 way splitter, Would I get a better signal if I ran just the 2-way splitter? or will I not noticed the difference?

I now that the more splits you put on a splitter the more times you cut the db in-half, which is why i ask about switching back to the 2-way. I ask because someone was trying to tell me to get the HD cable box i will need the cable company to run a whole new cable wire so i can keep the digital in the living room.

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 1894
­
Michael, if you are going to get a legal HD box installation from your cable company, why not let them worry about the wires, splitters, amps, etc?

Gold Member
Username: Donnie1973

Post Number: 1833
they charge u for each cable. I would try it both ways... I dont think it will matter which way u do it. It should work

Gold Member
Username: Tapeman

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 1802
2 way splitter or 4 way splitter won't make too much difference
Yo'll still be able to get all HD channels even if yo split 8 times

Good cables and good crimpped connectors usually will result in a better signal level

Cable TV signal is a lot smaller frequency than Satellite

Go ahead try it, it will work
Come back with questions
King
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts