Archive through November 11, 2007

Username: Mr2gt300

New Jersey

Post Number: 1
Hello, i have the Mitsubishi WS-65807 65" Television... is there any way the cabinet comes apart in two pieces, because i am having trouble getting it up the stairs into my new home. I had heard these had a two piece cabinet but i wasnt sure what that meant exactly. thanks

Username: Dafargo

Hi, I have a 1996 Mitsubishi VS-5041 projection model TV. I get no picture sound or power really - It just clicks when I hit the power key - any idea what's wrong or what part I need. Please respond or e-mail koffofcuppie@gmail.com

Username: Kingofwestgate

Belzoni, Ms Humphery

i forgot my parental lock code for my widescreen mitsubishi televison

Username: A10chief

I need a manual for a Mitsubishi VS-4506R. Does anyone have it or know of a link to it. Please help.

Username: Rnorman

I had the blinking LED problem where the TV would not turn on and was very excited to find that replacing the 4 capacitors on the DM board was the trick. Thanks for all the postings on this site. I'm sure that Mitsubashi is aware of the this design flaw but doesn't want to deal with the expense of what should be a responsibility. The 16v rating on the capicitors are too low for the circuit design and break down over time (approx. 3yrs). If anynone needs help changing these parts, email me at rlynrmn@yahoo.com.

rn

Username: Benz271

Tomarq, Aj98, Drewen, Emonk, and Rnorman,}

i've read your posts and i'm hoping you can help me out with my tv. i have the ws-65613 model and i'm experiencing the continuous blinking LED problem. is it an easy fix? how much will it cost for parts and where can i buy them? i have no background in electronic repair so i could use all the help you can give.

thank you,

benson

Username: Benz271

Post Number: 2
thanks riley. thanks eric. my tv is now back in action, just in time for the super bowl.

Username: Bevh

Burlington, MA USA

At the risk of sounding like a complete idiot I ask this question. I installed a Bose Cinema Sys. to my Mits TV. Worked fine. I removed the system to another TV and now the sound on the Mits is lost! I have tried everything to get the sound back but nothing. Any thoughts? The model # is not available. The TV was bought in 1997 and has a 36 inch screen. I have the original remote but no instructions. Thanks for any advice you can give...

Username: Dubbs12345

I am looking at buying a Mitsubishi VS-6021R, about 15 years old, does anyone have any advice. The guy is asking 500 dollars for it and he says the picture is great and the tv is in great condition.

Username: Wilsoty

I have a WS-55613 with the blinking light. After a few tries and unplugging it, it will come on. But once I turn it off for a while and back on, the blinking light is back. Once it is on, there is a strange horizontal lines across the TV for a few seconds. It appears and disappers about every 15 mins or so. is this the CAP issue everyone is talking about?

Username: Zman61

South Carolina USA

I have a Mitsubishi ws-55809 and it has always been a great tv aside from a slight screen burn from a news channel logo. That all changed when I got the bowtie effect. I think I have that fixed thanks to some info I found on here about that specific problem fixed the bad solder problem and also noticed that the screws that held the heat sink to the circuit board were loose including the jumper wire attached to the center screw. Problem is now that I fixed all of that I reset the convergence to default and now the red is really blurry, so blurry that when I try to set the convergence manually I can't even read where it says "RED" up at the top of the screen and I can't get the convergence exactly right. Any help would be nice and greatly appreciated. I went over all of the conections and can not find anything loose or wrong. I think!! Like I said any help would be nice

Username: Trucalling23

Hello all,
I have a Mitsubushi 45" model TS-4573. My screen turned black the another night with sound. Now it's, two days later and i have no picture or sound. I called around for quotes and they say it sounds like my power supply. My question is; "Is it worth paying $75.00 for a qoute and another $ 180.00 for repairs?

thanks

Username: Wilsoty

Doing a little more reading, there is a setting in the menu about low power vs standard. If you power your TV (mine: 55613) via the remote control, the power light will flash for about a minute, turn off, then power up. The software setting had the Low Power Comsumption set (don't' know why) and once you set it to normal (standard), the problem went away.

Username: Racerx96

My ws-65513 has a blinking green light and will not turn on. I see the problem with the 4 capacitors but am having a hard time locating them. Does anyone have pictures of what I should be looking for along with the service manual for the ws-65513. My email address is racerx96@gmail.com

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Username: Waguih

Oceanside, Ca USA

for everyone who gets the blinking light and want to figure out the error code, see attached:
application/mswordUpload
Mitsubishi diagnostic codes.doc (68.6 k)

Username: Dsweer1

Well!!!!!!!!
I replaced the capacitors and I still have a blinking light!!!!!! Any other Ideas besides paying $938.00 for a new DM?

Bronze Member
Username: Veasnalong

Post Number: 29
Don,

You may have shorted component in the power supply section. Could be Diode or Transistor

I read another person on here had that same issue. I'm pretty good with electronics, but does anyone have an idea where I should start looking. I have the schematics and a tester.

Bronze Member
Username: Veasnalong

Post Number: 30
In your case need start out from Power supply section check for open or short component since your TV is Dead. You may have open Pico Fuse I have seen some Convergen IC goes bad cause Fuse to open will no longer supply eithe 24v or -24v.

Post Number: 3
I have performed all tests I can on the cold side and find nothing wrong. I don't have the tools to get rid of the voltage on the hot side so I don't want to mess around with that side. everything still points to the DM board.

Username: Chrisandnat

Hey,

we just did this, steps are here with pics-

http://chrisandnat.com/projects/blinkingtv/blink.htm

Username: John210

Woodbine, MD

My wife found your post tonight while trying to help me find a solution to the infamous blinking light! Your info & pics are a life saver. My wife says if this works she is going to kiss you!
Thanks a million I will let you know how things go!

Username: 1989iroc

Orland park, Illinois Usa

Hi i have a Mitsubishi tv model # vs-5046 and it was working fine and one day i have lines up and down my screen and i was wondering if anyone can help me out with my problem if you know how to fix it or know whats wrong with it please let me know my email is Frankie8600@comcast.net

Username: F_the_cat

Montebello, CA USA

Hi everyone I have the WS-65869 TV and like so many of you I have the blinking green light problum and my tv will not do anything but blink. You all sound so friendly and helpful. Can anyone send me the service manual to repair this problum and some pictures so I know what to look for. thanks to all in advance and I willlet you all know how things work out for me.

Username: Dave_s

I have a 5 year old Mitsubishi WS-55819 projection TV. Last night the center of my screen went black. The picture is visble, but is split in two halves on either side of the now dark center and is displayed with blue and red verticle bands. I pulled the cover off the back and saw that all three bulbs were on. I don't want to spend a lot of money to have a tech come out and recommend a repair that is not cost effective. Any ideas as to what the problem might be? Any assistance would be appreciated.

Username: Gs1344

I have a Mitsubishi WD-62526 and the picture looks washed out. The picture was dim so I replaced the lamp. Still have a really poor picture. Anyone have any ideas?

Username: John_hicks

Ok

I have a ws65613 same problem with the green blinking light. I was wondering if someone could send me a copy of the service manual it would be greatly appreciated.

Woodbine, MD

Send me your email address I will forward you the manual and photos detailing the fix.

Woodbine, MD

The manual is too big to post on this forum - size exceed the max - so if anyone wants a copy they need to send me their email address. This manual along with the photos that Chris did on March 9, 2007 are great. Just as an FYI - there are quite a fews screws (some not so visible) holding the module in. Once you get the module out - the photos that Chris posted are very helpful. I also used the larger caps.
TV is working like a dream! the link to Chris' pics is

Username: John_hicks

Ok

I replaced the 4 capacitors on my tv and it powerd up. But it was all out of skew the writing did not match up on the screen and it was all rounded. Turned the tv off and it would not power back up. I get flashing green light when i first plug it in but it will not come back on any suggestions or ideas.

Username: F_the_cat

Montebello, CA USA

Hello again everyone! I recently received the service manual, but this manual did not cover my 2001 Mitsubishi WS-65869, 1080I HD Intergrated Medallion Series TV (with the blinking green light problem). If someone has a service manual and pictures for my little TV please e-mail it to me at: kfx700g@charter.net
Thank You,
Felix}}}

Username: Jpc0416

Shelton, Wash Usa

HELLO everyone---Here we are with the blinking light problem. I have been reading the posts and see no one has offered an answer to this and am looking for one that will repair the problem less than buying a new and diffrent brand or paying a large repair bill. My model is a WS-65713 and have done the rest fix, power and outher button combination fix, unpluging and repluging into out let fix, yet to no avail. So if there is a suggetion or an estamate from some poor person that has had a survice person fix this problem please e-mail me the answer at joelynncoleman@comcast.net. THANK YOU

Username: Tamle

I have projection TV model WD-62825.The green light blinks continuosly and I am unable to power on the television. Nothing allows me to get the light from stop blinking and being able to turn the set on. Tried unplugging power cord and resetting TV. Any suggestions?

Username: Tthiras

Los Angeles, CA CA

I have a WS73727. It started to have lines and squares running through it. What can I do? Besides calling a tech. I am disabled but mechanically inclined. Anybody have a service manual.

Shelton, Wash Usa

Thought id give you all out here with the infamous blinking light problem a little info. Just replaced the DM board and guess what == no luck. Still a nice steady blink. So to all out there that have yet to buy a large screen TV. Don't but a Mitsubishi. Poor service and life expectancy of 3 years. Will let ya all know what will fix the problem other than a 12 gage round through it.

Username: Mudman

Houston, Tx Usa

4 year old WS55 suddenly started to display any white image (especially white letters on a dark background) very fuzzy, not focused.
Convergence red/blue looks OK. but white letters
on channel guides etc blooming

Username: Mattdj

Cali

I have a WS 55511 with the following problem: the green power light only stays on for a couple of seconds and turns off. I can here the click when it turns on and off. Is this a symptom of the capacitor problem? My green light doesn't flash like everyone elses. Do I have a fuse problem or is this what happens when the caps go bad. I have 7 on my DM board and none of them look puffed up. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Username: Mattdj

Cali

I can be emailed at mattj@tfillc.com with any clues to this problem.

Thanks!

Username: Chinodood

another success story for the blinking green light here! just wanted to say i love you and i hate you! fixed the problem but was kinda lookin forward to maybe buying a new one :-) lol any way worked great just wanted to say thanks to all those who went before me...

Username: Bbby155

I have a Mitsubishi hd 1080...went to turn it on the other day and the green power light came on stayed on for about 5 seconds then powered back off. tv has been working great until then...any suggestions and approx. cost

Username: Egaite

I have a 60" projection HD, don't know the model # off hand. It's 2 y/o. Recently I have been getting a flickering horizontal line on the main input and on other inputs it will flicker after about 10 minutes and then either go completly blank or show a shadow image of the main input. I have not moved it or changed anything since it was working fine. Any ideas? Thanks

Username: Thak

I have a WS-65807 and have problem with lines on the screen. Any ideas?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/63217115@N00/

Shelton, Wash Usa

Update to all and any that have the green blinking light problem!!!!!!!! Here is the out come. 90% of the time it will be the 4 to 7 15V capacitors that need replaced. The price is $8 to $12 apiece and approximately $250 in labor. The 15V capacitors are unable to carry the load and pop within 3 years so replacement should be 20V. Mitsubishi knows of the problem yet makes it almost impossible to fix unless you take it to a service rep. for most expensive fix. Go figure RIGHT/ Know will never buy another brand Mitsubishi here so if you haven't suggest you don't either. Again to all that are not aware of the fix to the blinking green light problem it is almost always the result of the 15V capacitors which are popped do to poor design of the TV. when replacing ask your service tech to replace with 20V capacitors that run approximately $8 to $12 apiece and labor runs around $250. It took us 3 weeks here to find the answer and hope the information helps someone on here.

$250.00

Wow, I will do it for $200.00 (parts included)
Just mail me the parts, or do it yourself:

BTW - the 20v caps cost about 50 cents each

Example:
http://www.hobbyengineering.com/H1311.html

Username: Huhe

Who has John Malone's manual? His account has been deleted. Please email me one copy to huhe@yahoo.com. Thanks a lot.

Username: Birwin

I own a Mitsubishi HD 1080 (WT-46809) that until recently worked great. It now, intermittently, loses its vertical convergence and not even a factory default reset fixes it. When it happens the manual adjustment for red and blue in the vertical does not work. Eventually it pops back to a good picture, but the problem seems to be happening more often now. Is this something that can be fixed thru the tv settings, do I need a part, repairman etc... Any help is appreciated.

Username: Asphalteacher

My 84 year old mother in law has a cs35301 tv. She started pushing buttons the other day and set the parental lock. I read the manual and can make it work with "QV and 9" but this isn't a solution for her.. Does anyone know how to either over ride the parental lock permenantly or to discover the lock code?

Username: Fatbeezy

i own a mits wd-62825 and the dvr is now nonexistent. i've gone into the netcommand to attempt to put it back but i cannot. anyone know if i can fix this? thanks.
hoggin_da_lane@Hotmail.com

Username: Muzicman

I have a 1 year old Mitsubishi 62" DLP WD62627.

I have developped vertical lines on the left side from top to bottom. All resets fail to fix. The lines are consistant regardless of input source or screen resolution.

Any ideas?

Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Planeracer

Post Number: 26
Dale ,
Problem is Optical engine
Part # 928p017020

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
Robert,
Did you try to reinitialize?
Maybe that will fix that problem. But you will
loose all your settings.

thx

Planeracer, I don't see that part number anywhere. Could you verify it for me?

The problem occurred when I first bought the TV brand new. It lasted about 15 minutes while I checked all the connections, it went away. In the last year, it occurred 2-3 times when I would first turn it on, then go away after a couple of minutes. Last Friday, it came on after about 30 minutes of use. I just let it stay on for about another 30 minutes, then I turned the TV off then back on. It went away upon power up but returned about 30 minutes later. I immediately turned the TV off and back on and it was gone again. It returned about an hour after that and remained. Repeated power on/off and system resets would not clear it and now it seems like whatever was "weak" has finally failed which is ggod I guess. Better than an intermittent problem that clears on it's own or goes away after a reset.

Is the optical engine the same as the light engine? Isn't that the entire assembly?

A local repair shop picked it up yesterday and they will diagnose it for me, but I am still curious.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
Dale,

part # is:
938P017020
1705.70 USD
Sorry , I made a mistake on first post.

Model Number: WD-62627
Symptom: Vertical Lines or Bars
Cause #1
1. May be only be only on half of screen, suspect the Optical Engine part # 938P017020

Username: Lselk

Oak Creek, Wi United States

I have a Mitsubishi 1080 Hd and today turned it on came on briefly then shut itself off. It continues to do this. It will not stay on. DOes anyone have an idea what is wrong with this 2 yr old TV? Thank you for any and all help.

Post Number: 4
Update on my Mitsubishi problem. A local repair shop has confirmed it is the light engine.

Repair cost = $2050.00

$1700 for the light engine + $350 for labor.

Who would have ever thought a 1 year old 62" Mitsubishi DLP would ever become a throw away item?

I purchased the TV 13 months ago and I paid $3200 for the set. The DLP's dropped in price in November due to the Plasma's dropping in price.

I bought a Toshiba 65" DLP on Saturday, with a 5 year extended warranty, for under $1900. So for less than the repair cost of $2050, I have a larger, brighter TV that has a 5 year warranty vs the 90 day warranty I would have had after the repair (on the light engine only!).

The entire situation makes me sick to my stomach. I am kicking myself for not purchasing the extended warranty on my Mitsubishi. For a few more dollars, I wouldn;t have had to pay to have the light engine replaced which brings up a whole new subject.

Why does it cost $2k to replace a light engine?? The problem with mine is very minor. I'm sure the part and the labor to replace what is wrong with mine is far less than the 2 grand. I have seen replacement engines for under $300....

Here's one here...

http://www.tvlampsforless.com/Mitsubishi_engine52_p/engine52.htm

Username: Micgra

To Brett Irwin - did you get any advice on your issue that was useful? I have the problem where the picture pops in and out - when out, the middle looks fine, but the sides are zoomed in and out of focus. The only fix is to wait until it pops back in, or hit the top of the TV...

Username: Lpeeks

Lawrenceville, Georgia USA

I have 1988 VS-685-R projection TV.(mitsubishi)I need a delay line for brightness control.Part# 337P107020 DL-201 placement.Can anyone help me?I would be willing to buy a whole chassie as long as the parts are good.

Username: Sclass

I have a Mits WT-42311 I have the power up problem as well I am an electrician and need very badly the service manual. Changing the "CAPS" would be no problem for me as long as I the specs. Thank you in advance. my email is swol01@netscape.net

Username: Strat1560

https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/show.pl?tpc=2&post=640022#POST640022

Username: Jeffgt

I have a WD 73727 and have picture problems. The picture will solarize after just a short time. If I turn off the TV and it cools down, I can turn it back on and the picture is fine for about 10 minutes then back to solarized. Anybody have any ideas or solutions?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
Jeff,
Remove and reseat the DVI cable between the Chassis and Optical engine. Removing and reseating the DVI cable does not resolve, replace the Optical Engine part # 938P019010

T,

Thanks for the information, my TV is out of warranty, what's this going to set me back (ballpark)?

Bronze Member
Username: Ovadoggvo

Post Number: 39
Jeff,
You are looking at a cost of $800-$1200 for an optical engine installed. I'm not familiar with your TV set but the problem could be digital video board.. but expect the tech to change out your whole OE.

Thanks, looks like I may have lucked out. I did buy an extended warranty and they are scheduled to come out later this week hopefully to repair the problem.

Username: Natasheharrison

We just bought a 50" Mitsubishi VS50501A used yesterday and it didnt come with the manual. We need the manual to mess around with the convergence...my husband doesnt want to fry himself or the new tv. If anyone has a manual that they can email me that would be greatly appreciated!! natasheharrison@cableone.net

Username: Tom_in_rc

I have a Mitsubishi WS65809 projection tv that is approximately 5 1/2 years old. The problem I'm having is one that three technicians claim is impossible - so any leads will be very helpful!
I watch cable tv with the 4:3 format, causing black vertical bars on each side of the screen, while I watch DVD's and HDTV in full screen format. While viewing the full screen image, the colors appear considerable brighter in the areas where the black bars would normally appear while viewing cable tv. Some have suggested that the lamps have a black bar burn-in and all lamps must be replaced. This may be true except for one issue (the one that these same technicians claim I'm not in complete control of my senses) - with the tv completely off, and looking directly at the plastic screen, you can see a rosey hue on the images reflecting off of the screen (due to back light from a nearby window or lamp) between the area where the black vertical bars would occur while watching cable tv. In fact, the area of the plastic screen where these bars would occur reflect true colors, without the rosey hue.
It seems that the three technicians don't understand this reality, and come as close as possible(without saying it) that I don't know what I'm talking about, for it is impossible for the plastic screen to be 'burned' in a manner as I have described it.
Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Username: Mircle

I have a 55813 and it started flashing this morning. I found this site and immediately found 4 caps, 35v 1000uf from RS. Just finished putting it all back together and after the start up flashing...it's working! Thanks for this. I can't believe easy that was.

Username: Mircle

Tom Campbell - I would try looking through the set from behind towards a bright light source such as a window. This way you can see through the screen and see if there are any imprinted colors.

Username: Tomq

Post Number: 7
I had some problems in my TV as well lately I have been visiting a great tech support site for consumer electronics producst and they have good experts especially in HDTV problems such as convergence and other troubleshooting.

I would check there as well

Tom

Username: Flmguy

does anyone know how to remove the dm module from the tv ws 73713 i think it is same as 65 inch, there is a plastic piece on top of it holding it in place, or is there a way to remove the whole board out. thnx for any advice.

Username: Flmguy

does anyone know how to remove the dm module from the tv ws 73713 i think it is same as 65 inch, there is a plastic piece on top of it holding it in place, or is there a way to remove the whole board out. thnx for any advice.

Username: Mercedes1

I have a Mitsubishi TV the model is SV-5004R every time I try to turn on the tv. I hear a clicking sound, after several clicks it finally turns on. As time went by the more clicks had to be done for it to turn on. Now the tv. does not turn off, no matter how many times I click the remote control. I had it since 1991 it is 50 inch projection tv., other than this problem it looks and runs great. If anyone has a manual with schematics, or knows how to correct this problem please.... help me. You can email me at toknowone@comcast.net THANKS

Username: Context

Thanks for everyone who has posted here. It gave me the courage, if not the wisdom, to fix my Mitsubishi WS55807. As a 2001 54" model, it has given good service. Convergence failed with three distinct images (focused at the center) with green on the left and red on the right (outside edges).

I purchase Sanyo IC chips and replaced the old. Two things: as I was unfastening the board from its hookups and screw-downs, I noticed that the center screw for the heat sink, which also holds down a ring wire end, was very loose. Aha! I thought to myself, there we are. I tightened it up and plugged everything back in. Turn on the set and no picture. Green light on solid, I hear the small whine when the set is plugged in (with power off) and the click as it powers on, and even a fain audio hum. No screen, no menu.
Here are the screw locations:
Upload

Okay, pull it back out, replace these existing chips.

Upload
I clipped the leads for ease of de-soldering, and a few of the little legs are already loose. You can see them in the photo.
Upload
Both chips had heat build-up toward the center of the board. 5 legs came off one, two from the other. I'm encouraged, I solder the new ones in place, use silicone thermal paste and bone dry sponges to hold them in place for resetting the module back into the set.
Upload
No picture. I double checked all the plugs and wires, none of my solders overlap. What can I do from here to troubleshoot my problem. Note: There is no CRT glow that I can see in the tubes or their bases. I only pulled the IC related board, nothing else.

I have a multi meter, and really don't know electronics at all except sparks are bad unless you are working on internal combustion engines, and sparks on me are really bad.

Yes, there is a bar with 3 screws which straddles the two chips pressing them against the heat sink.

Thanks for any suggestions to move me forward in this repair.

Username: Cindy_lamb

MITSUBISHI VS-60707 ONE OF THE CABLE WIRES GOT CAUGHT AND PULLED THE CABLE PLUG OUT OF THE BACK OF THE TV. WE GOT THE PART OUT BUT NOT HAVING MUCH LUCK FINDING A RELPACEMENT. DOES ANYONE KNOW IF IT IS EVEN REPLACEABLE. THERE'S A #295P421A20 0N 20. ANY IDEAS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Username: Mercedes1

Hello everyone,
I was able to get the problem on my TV resolved. I found a co. who charged $25.00 for the evaluation at my home. HE disconected the sound plug ???, took one of the boards out, changed a circuit, did some soddering,and cleaned the progection bulbs etc. He charged me $275.00 includding the evaluation fee. The TV works great, the image is sharp. The problem was totally resolved!!! To me it was well worth it. I live in the Washington Metropolitan area, if you would like to know the Co. email me toknowone@comcast.net

Ok, I have a doc now that explains how to replace the caps with pics.

http://www.chrisandnat.com/temp/BlinkingTV.pdf

Username: Ktkkf

Where are the fuses on a 73713 that I should check?

I replaced the DV caps and still have the blinking timer light.

Username: Nothing_technical

Dallas, TX USA

It appears that the blinking green light can mean one of 2 things - capacitor replacement or a new DM board. I see that there may be a difference in blinking lights. My WS-55513 blinks quickly. I'm willing to try changing out the capacitors, but only if that is the most likely problem. Which might the problem be? Thanks in advance.

Username: Jamesk

Help for Mitsubishi VS 5047 ~ No picture.
As I was watching the picture turned into dots of many colors and shrunk down to a single dot in the middle of the screen. Now I can't get any picture. Sound is good. Any ideas of what it could be? I'm wondering if it is worth fixing?

Bronze Member
Username: Imaan

Post Number: 11
I have a Mitsubishi and got the problem similar to you. I got the repair parts from discount-merchant. Its running good now. there are many other famous sites to shop electrical parts. like e-bay is good and many more sites are available on internet.

Username: Orbit

Laguna Beach , CA Usa

Mits 45605 I have successfully replaced the Sanyo chips and reconverged TV from remote. At turn on Vetical rolls for about 5 min when cable is selected. Off air does not roll....Just cable DVD and anything not hooked up via RF. Problem goes when set warms up. Suggestions?

Username: Twd

Placerville, CA

I have a 1998 60 inch projection TV, model VS-60603. One of the bulbs coolant leaked on the signal board causing it to short out, thus the TV will not come on at all. Since Mitsubishi doesn't sell replacements parts for this anymore, I'm looking for the signal board as well as the 3 bulbs.

Username: Txmitsu

Same green blinking light problem - WD-57732.

The light that is blinking is labeled Timer on my set. It was working fine last night, but this morning the Timer light was flashing and it will not turn on. Tried resetting, unplugging, etc. with no change. Is this a capacitor problem? The set is only 9 months old and naturally it fails on a Saturday morning during football season.

I find it hard to believe how unresponsive Mitsubishi has been. Their web site offers no help and they have failed to respond to issues raised by both me and Time Warner about CableCards not working.

I wish I had known how bad their product reliability was before I bought. The picture quality is great, but the build quality is bad.

Strongly recommend buying something else.

Username: Twistedrobotics

Mass

Post Number: 5
Hello,
I have a VS4541 which has no picture. I was looking at the main board and I found a transistor that had overheated and melted the solder out of the via's. Is there anything else I should check on this as resoldering did not fix the problem?
Thanks in advance

Username: Theoven

Hey there,

I have a MITS TS-5053, occasionally the screen will go go blank (no color at all) while the audio still works. Reading through this forum I suspect it might be an overheating problem. When I do turn off the unit and let sit for a while, the picture will come back. Has anyone had this problem? Would installing a fan help if it is an overheating issue?

thanks!

Username: Rvv

Charlotte, NC USA

Hi,
I have MITS WD-52525, 2.5 years old. On 10/11 no problems, on 10/13 it turned on with symptoms below.

Background: the power light is a normal solid green. The lamp is original but dimmer. It has not been moved, no recent storms, it is on a 750va UPS.

Symptoms 10/13: very static-y audio on all sources, mixed with some of actual audio. The picture shows none of the actual source, on cable it is a very static-y (not at all snowy like an unused station) image of dark and light. Video game source is a solid green or blue with some concentric bright single line rectangles, nothing like Halo 3 should look.

The TV menu comes up and is usable, but it shows some distortion like the source behind it. On the video game source the menu has some bright lines and off colors, and on cable it has some dark spots.

I read posts about replacing capacitors and I can do that, but the symptoms don't match mine. Is there a tech training manual for this TV that someone can forward, or some advice before I call a tech? I have the service manual that shows how to get the DM board out, but it has no diagnostic info.

Username: Ump14

Newark, Ohio US

I had the blinking green light problum and did what Chrisandnat (Chris) suggested and it work for me.

Username: Aldagsee

Vallejo, CA USA

I have a Mitsubishi WS-55809. I replaced both IC's (STK 392-570)due to convergence problems. I double checked my soldering job and it seems to be perfect. I returned the board back double checked again the connections and everything seems fine. Now the problem is that I can't turn on the TV for a test. Everytime I turn on the TV via remote in a second the TV turns off. I tried it several times but it really won't turn on. I stoped doing it cause I might cause more damage. I was seaching for someone in this forum who has the semelar problems but it seems like no one has a straight answer to this problem. I also know that there are a lot of experts out there who could help me. So please help. I sure appreciate it.}}

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
Al Dagsee,
Check that 2 fuses.

Good luck Upload

Username: Rvv

Charlotte, NC USA

Update on my problem: A person in another forum forwarded the pdf of the service manual and using that I found the DM board and power supply board. There were 7 bad capacitors total.

I replaced the capacitors Saturday and put the TV back together *mostly*, not to the point where the rear case fan was plugged in. I had a blinking amber light on the front. I plugged in the case fan and TV still had blinking amber light and also a burning smell. I gave up and went to bed, visions of $800 repair bill in my head.

Sunday I double-checked all my soldering and vacuumed out a bunch of dust and crud from the sticky fabric where the USB cables plug in at the top. I also blew out with air all the boards from above and vacuumed up that crud. The soldering all looked good. I put the TV back altogether and plugged it in. This time I had a blinking green light, such as you normally get when power is restored or reset. When it stopped I turned the TV on and had normal picture and sound. Success!

Vallejo, CA USA

"t" Sorry, just got back from a business trip. Yes I did checked those two pico fuses with a Voltmeter and they are perfectly fine. I also removed the board again to double check the soldering of this fuses and also my soldering of the IC's and they are perfectly fine. Anymore suggestions? Still need help? Thanks so much "t".

Vallejo, CA USA

"t" Do you thinks I should replace those fuses anyway? They're 5A fuses, are they? What do think. Thanks

Username: Ribaholic

Bellevue, Ky

I have a Mitsu 55 inch (WS-55511) that was working fine until the other night. When I tried to change the audio volume, nothing happened, with either my DirecTV remote (tied into tv) or with the remote that came with the TV. I changed the batteries -- nothing. So I went to the set itself and pushed the "volume up" button and the slider indicator moved upward, but when I stopped pushing, the slider reverted to where it originally was. The volume never changed. I also cannot turn on or off the power on the TV with either remote -- only with the set front control, like back in the early 1970s! Any ides what's causing this and what's the solution? With that audio slider indicator situation on the set front control panel, I doubt it's a remote control issue. And I know the controls were working fine because earlier this week I was changing the video set-up by remote control and everything worked as it should... now there is no response.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
tim meredith,

You have a bad switch on control board. looks like Vol - switch is bad. Take a speaker grill of and unpulag control board connector. See
if tv works with remote

good luck

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
Al Dagsee

What was the original problem ?

Thx

Vallejo, CA USA

Post Number: 5
tim,
This has happen to me twice. First check the mute button. Sometimes that could be pressed without knowing it. Second, do you have Comcast Cable. Call them to assist you for a volume set up. Third, take "t" advice.

Vallejo, CA USA

Post Number: 6
"t" The original problem was the convergence. The pictures where like an 3D effect. The colors were all separated. I tried to set it up throught the remote but each color setting, red & blue does not work. By reading this forum I have found out that there are some Mitsubishi owners who has experience the same problem. So, I openned the back side of the TV and gently removed the middle board and check the two IC's. Found out that the original soldering where cracked and lose contact. So I resolder them and I did a perfect job. I re-assembled the board and put them all back together and the on and off started. So I purchase two new Sanyo STK 392-570. Replace the old ones to new ones, and still it goes on and of. So I checked the pico fuses if they were bad. But they are perfectly fine. So I don't know what's next. Thanks "t".

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
Al Dagsee ,
OK. Did you check fuses from top side of board?
They are 5A. Then check see if you have +26
and - 26 v on diods. If tv turns on and off
You anyway will see some volts on diods. If you have them and still no power next step check connections between boards. Sometimes when you
connect them back, some pins pops out of connector.
Just push them back into connector.
good luck
Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us