Old Panasonic VCR Composite OUT Won't Work

Username: Ciccone39

Post Number: 1
I have an old Panasonic VCR from the days of having to manually tune in channels. All i'm trying to do is send the video from the VCR to my new VCR through the composite a/v outlets. It should just show up on my TV no problem. Shouldn't it? There's no reason to tune any channels. I'm not using the old VCR to watch channels. Any idea why the video won't transfer?

Bronze Member
Username: Sobeeatch

Post Number: 20
First try a direct connection to tv from old VCR to rule out output problems. Then report back.

Post Number: 2
Yes i've tried that by running a coax cable from the OUT TO TV. No luck.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
OK. If you are connecting by coax, rather than by composite, the old VCRs usually required your tv to be on either Channel 3 or 4. Try that and get back.

Post Number: 3
I did. Tried both channels. switched the 3/4 switch on back a couple of times. No go.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
Does the old VCR have composite output? If so and your tv has composite input, try that and let me know. If not, try coax conection to tv with newer VCR to determine if there are other issues. We're troubleshooting. Get back.

Post Number: 4
Yes old VCR has composite output. Doesn't go. New VCR works fine by running coax to TV.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
I assume by the phrase "Doesn't go" you mean composite won't work. Sounds like you have an output problem on old VCR. Repair costs may exceed replacement cost these days. Maybe you could find VCR to rent to make your transfers. Or you could try recording in reverse-new VCR to old and try playback on new to see if recording took.

Post Number: 5
Yeah. All i'm trying to do is see if it will track an old tape good. The tape won't track good on a new VCR. The tape was recorded on a VCR from the mid 80's. Just thought a VCR from same time period would help.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us