Recording channels over 100 help!!

Username: Kookykaren1134hotmailcom

Post Number: 1
Good Morning! I need your help...I have a digital cable box hooked up to my vcr/dvd player. Everything works fine except when I want to record channels over 100. I punch in 163 and it won't take it. Is there anyway of re-setting the channels to record the higher ones???? I am missing all my shows eeeeekkkk!

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 1719
­
Karen, it's your digital cable box that's going to provide the signal of channel 163 to the recorder. The recorder is going to record on either the "line in" or "channel 3 or 4", however it is hooked up.

Username: Kookykaren1134hotmailcom

Post Number: 2
Thanks John but how do I set it up to record the high channels??? Do I have to have the cables set up a certain way or how does this "line in" work.??? I do know that it is on channel 3 for the moment but it does seem to work.
Thanks so much!
Karen

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 1725
­
Karen, you maintain the same procedure in recording a 100+ channel as recording anything below 100. In other words, the tuner in the DVD/VCR remains at channel 3, and you set the cable box at the channel you want to record. I don't understand why something suddenly changes when you go above channel 100.

I am assuming here that the combo unit is wired after the box. That is:
cable from the wall®cable box®DVD/VCR®TV.
­
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us