Picture Quality - New Samsung

Username: Tifferufl

Post Number: 1
I just bought the Samsung 40" LCD HDTV Model #: SAM LNT4071F. Got it home and hooked it up to Brighthouse cable (through HD box and HDMI cables supplied by Brighthouse) and the picture quality was unbelievable. Everything was crisp and clear right down to the finest detail. No noise or grainyness at all.

I called Brighthouse to swap out my HD box for a DVR box. When they swapped the boxes, the DVR box didn't work. Cable guy said my cable connections on the outside of my house were old and outdated, so he dropped a new line from the pole and installed a new box outside.

Picture quality is ok now, but I now have some grainyness that wasn't there before. The TV went from being absolutely perfect to just average. Brighthouse came back, checked the lines and signal strength and think I am crazy because everything checked out. I had them re-install my old HD box but that didn't help.

Any thoughts on how to get the picture quality back to being nearly perfect? I heard that Monster sells a surge protector/clean power device that could help. Also, I heard that I could resolve this problem by switching to Verizon Fios. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Imjross

NJ USA

Post Number: 42
Garbage in....garbage out
Cable signal is problem.
Cable wiring or cable box ?? same old question...
Try hooking cable to TV with out box...
of course you WILL NOT get all the channels but look at PICTURE QUALITY....better or same?
Lots of cable box problems....lots..
Monster cables will not change symptom.
Fios is an option that I would try.
jr

Username: Tifferufl

Post Number: 2
We're going to switch from a cable box to a cable card (with the HD Tivo). Do you think the cable box will help?

Username: Eager

Calgary, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 1
I've had a 42inch Samsung Plasmas. The picture is great but there's a black pencial thin line now appearing about 1/5 up from the bottom of the screen? The picture excellent accept for the the horizontal pencil thin line from one side to the other? Any ideas what may be happening?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us