DISH VS. Time Warner

Username: Solar07

Post Number: 5
I currently have Time Warner Cable. I live in Athens OH.I have had it in two different Apt.s now and I am sick of them. For the money I can get way more from Dish than I can TW. My question is are they better. Right now My HD channels are pretty amazing. However even after trying to rewire my entire place. My SD channels like regular HBO arent great. And channels like FX, FOX which I cant get in HD, and USA, and CBS. They all suck very badley. Very fuzzy. I now somewhere FX comes in good because when I download Niptuck from the internet its amazing quality but from my cable it sucks. And when you spend 3gs on a tv you dont want any fuzz ya know. So any comments are appreciated. Dish seems to have a $250 deal for getting there top of the line HD box right now so I am real close to switching, just want some feedback. Thanks

Username: Gilthethrill008

Broussard, La Usa

Post Number: 10
HD from any satellite provider is amazing. Dish or Direct doesn't matter. Dish has more HD channels, however. HD on Satellite is so much better than cable. Cable is a thing of the past.

Silver Member
Username: Tapeman

Post Number: 592
I would recommend Dish Network
Friendly guide more HD channels than any provider
However it will get more expensive than cable for multiple TV sets

Whichever way you go make sure you order TIVO/DVR
It worth it

Silver Member
Username: Cableguy

Somewhere on... U.S.

Post Number: 959
Brad~have you contacted time warner in your area to see if they can fix the picture quality issues? There is no need for you to rewire, it's their job to maintain the wiring.

Bronze Member
Username: Leonski

Post Number: 53
Dish seems to have better equipment for HD than DTV.
The VP622 will even run 2 tv's (only 1 HD) and has an RF remote, so it'll work thru a wall.
Check out CNET or maybe Epinions for user reviews.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us