Sony blu-ray won't read SACD !!!

Username: Camarob4c

Nashville, TN USA

Post Number: 4
I am shocked... I just left the local Best Buy store. I asked several people there if the new Sony BDP-S1 would read a SACD, they weren't sure, so we grabbed a demo disc and stuck it in the machine, much to our surprise it wouldn't read it. Another surprise, the Samsung unit would read the hybrid disc but not a true sacd either. I just am really surprised and disappointed. Anyone know if Sony is addressing this? Maybe planning a patch to fix this?

tas

Silver Member
Username: Tommyv

Rowlett, Texas

Post Number: 137
I don't think it is an accident. No one is buying SACDs so they did not include that ability in these new players. If there will ever be a blueray player that plays SACD . . maybe

Username: Camarob4c

Nashville, TN USA

Post Number: 5
I don't know who "no one" is, but I have bought about a dozen of them lately. And the guy that I deal with at the Best Buy store, tells me that they can't hardly keep them in stock. But my point was not if people are buying them or not. But why develop the technology, but not include it it a new $1000 player. And are they going to!

Bronze Member
Username: Idrivearocket

Post Number: 16
Sony have not said they will put SACD capability into their BD player. Why were you expecting it?

On the other hand, they should have becuase SACD quality music is unreal. The PS3 on the other hand can read SACD.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us