Watching DVR programs on PC

Username: Dallicis

Post Number: 1
I was wondering if anyone could help me with this i wanna hook up my Comcast DVR to my computer so i can watch programs i have recorded on my DVR on my computer, i spend a good amount of time on the computer and i would like to be able to watch my show on my computer, i dont care about trying to record the show to my harddrive or anything i just want to be able to watch them.

Username: Redneck_mud_runner

Shelton, WA Mason

Post Number: 10
if your monitor has a DVI input you can connect your DVR to that or you can use the IEEE1394 output on your DVR to connect to your PC if you PC has Firewire ports on it, but you will have to have the right software to make it work, i dont know if you can use the Firewire to watch it in real time on your monitor, but you can connect it to your PC that way, however the DVR's overlaid graphics such as the guide and info will not show up on 1394 port.

the next best bet would be to get a TV Tuner card for your PC and run coax from the DVR to the coax input on the card then tune the card to channel 3 or 4, this will not give you excellent PQ but it will help you reach your goal
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us