Sony 50 LCD or Samsung 50 DLP Help me with my purchase

Username: Sal_paradise

Post Number: 1
I recently bought a 50 Inch Sony Grand Vega, and I must admit I love the picture. My only complaint so far is the fan noise, but it sounds like that is common to all sony owners.

I am still under the 30 day return window with Circuit City, and I am still debating if I should return the sony for the Samsung DLP. I think the Sony has a better picture, but the fan noise is kind of bugging me.

Any thoughts? I noticed that both TVs received some complaints on this board.

What would you do in my position?

-Sal

Bronze Member
Username: Chris0311

Denver, Colorado

Post Number: 14
1. Take set back to circuit city and get a refund.
2. Go to Best Buy and buy the Samsung DLP WITH THE WARRANTY. I guarantee whatever tv you buy these day's, you will use it.
3. Enjoy the tv until it breaks, then get it serviced. My guess is within the first 3 years.

Post Number: 2
Christopher,

Thank you for your help. What is wrong with Circuit City's warranty? I purchased the extended warranty at Circuit City and I am thinking about returning this tv for the DLP.

Does anyone else have problems with the fan noise? It is driving me crazy.

Silver Member
Username: Jimkw

Columbus, Ohio USA

Post Number: 139
I have the Sony 50A10 and I don't hear any fan noise. Of couse I don't hear too well, but my wife is not complaining about it either and she definitely would. Turn up the volume so you don't hear the fan, unless it's really loud or something. Mine definitely is not.

Post Number: 3
Jim,

Thanks for the response. So you do not have any fan noise? Is there anyone else out there with a 50A10 who does hear the fan? Mine is very loud, and I think I am going to return it.

-Sal

Silver Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 733
Reminds me of that car maintenance commercial where the guy turns the radio up to drown out the noisy tapping engine. Get rid of it!

I love my DLP! :-) Register online with Samsung for a full 15 months factory warranty. Purchase with a credit card and double that warranty.

Silver Member
Username: Jimkw

Columbus, Ohio USA

Post Number: 140
I really don't notice any fan noise. I'm not saying it's perfectly quiet, but it's not noticeable when watching the TV either through the TV speakers or the A/V system. Try going to AVS forum and asking over there. You will get much more repsonse. Here's the link:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forumdisplay.php?f=63
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us