RCA L26W11 - Great new HD 26" LCD

RandyM
Unregistered guest
Folks, just to let you know of our new model (I work at RCA). We are selling our new HD 26" LCD now at Wal-Mart. The model number is L26W11 and we are quite pleased with the performance/buck that it delivers. It's a great set for someone looking for a 26" screen size. Pix quality is equivalent to much higher priced sets. . . check it out at most Wal-Marts and see if you don't agree.

Username: Oscarm

FONTANA, CA USA

Post Number: 1
Hi Randy,

I have RCA 52" HDTV. I moved place last weekend and put the tv inside the truck. Now the picture does not come out but the sound. If I turn it off, it makes high pitch noise. I open the back cover and f out that the noise is coming from "a white piece of metal about 3 inch long and there is one cable connect it with taht. I am also see electric sparkling from that parts.
Is that mean my TV is totally damages? how much appx to fix is?
I can take a picture of that part and email it to you.

Thank you

Thank you

RandyM
Unregistered guest
Oscar, your set was damaged in the move. Do not plug it in anymore because you may do further damage. You need to find a good TV repairman, an authorized RCA servicer, to find out how much damage was done. They should give you an estimate before any work is done. Good luck!

Unregistered guest
hello randy, i purchased said L26w11 lcd tv and i love it except for one thing...when i am on component input the picture is all messed up. i have checked the cables and such but they are fine...also when i try to change the geometry on the component the menu freezes up. i can neither navigate it nor exit it...is there a way i can fix this?

RandyM
Unregistered guest
Hi gordeaux, first of all, I'm glad to hear that you love the L26W11. But, we want to get you up and running again.

I'm not concerned at this point about the geometry menu, because the set must be locked to a valid signal before it will allow you to change customer controls and your description tells me the set is not locked to a signal. What we have to figure out is why the component input isn't working right. What is the source of component video and do you know what scan rate it is (480i, 480p, 720p, or 1080i)? Do you have another component video source that you can check, too? I know that you said you checked the cables, but make sure that you are using the top 3 RCA jacks on the left side. I often times mess up which 3 jacks are the component input because the VGA audio above them is a phone plug.

gordeaux
Unregistered guest
actually randy, i got it working! i was too dumb to turn my dvd player to progressive scan, lol. sorry bout the dumb question, but i appreciate your reply! you would think i would have thought of that...i sell the things for walmart!

thanks again!

Unregistered guest
It very interesting on way you use word "TV repairman(!)". They facing much more complex electronics and repairs task than ever before(!). I would call the Doctor TV!

Riscy

Unregistered guest
Well if the RCA guy is interested in helping me, I have the TV you mentioned and actually bought it at Walmart as well (great TV, looks hot as anything). My only complaint is I could not for the life of me get it to work as a computer monitor as well. I've tried three DVI cables and the best results I could get were a blacking out picture every three seconds. I'm lead to think it's the TV, to be honest. Any help? I'll probably bring it back to Walmart next week, as 30% of it's use would be as a monitor.

-rye (rye@tampabay.rr.com)

RandyM
Unregistered guest
Hi Rye, the blanking of the video you are describing is because your computer's DVI output is not HDCP compliant. This is a copy protection that we must use to support HD set top boxes and some DVD players. For a computer, it would be better to use the VGA output to the TV. And actually, the picture is going to be just as good. These hookups are described on pages 7, 8, and 11 of your owner's manual. This situation is not unique to the L26W11. Most all LCD televisions on the market are going to act the same way.

Unregistered guest
Aaaaah, that makes sense I guess. I wasn't aware that the picture would be just as good, either, to be honest. I know with computers, DVI quality is generally always preferred over VGA, but if there's no loss of quality I'll pick up a VGA cable then. Man, you are a life saver! I think I will grab my manual from the box downstairs and give it another read over then! Thanks!

By the way, I love this TV. I think the design is awesome and that's what make me want to get it. I work at Walmart and for Christmas they gave us 20% off of one item in the store, and yup, I chose the TV. Otherwise, I don't think I ever would have considered it.

-rye

RandyM
Unregistered guest
Great choice of one item. . . and great price! Glad you love it!

Username: Mike3fan

Owosso, Mi United States

Hey Randy I am in the market for this tv and my Dad works at Wal-Mart so I can get a discount,my question is the tv would be used in a fifth wheel camper,will the tv hold up to some minor road bumps and other things that go along with the camping lifestyle?
I am not sure as how LCD's hold up to this kind of environment.

RandyM
Unregistered guest
Michael, great question. LCDs hold up a little better than other tvs in a camping environment, so I think it would be a great choice. Just be sure to secure the LCD before traveling. It would be ideal to pack in a blanket. Be especially careful to keep the LCD screen from taking any direct hits. . .it will break and the tv is history if it does. The temperatures and humidity won't cause any problems. And, LCDs consume relatively low power, so they are good for campers.

Tell your Dad thanks for selling so many of our RCA products at Wal-Mart!

Unregistered guest
Hey, RandyM. I followed your advise and am really happy with the decision. The only inconvenience I've found has to do with my PC display. I've my VGA input up and running, but the real problem is I can't manage to make the monitor receive a true 16:9 resolution, as 1280*720. Whenever I send a 16:9 resolution, an "out of range" message appears. It's kind of annoying, since this forces me to stretch the image horizontally.

Can you please tell me how to be able to display a widescreen resolution from my PC? I'm currently running a GeForce 6600 GT graphics card.

Thanks for your time.

tho
Unregistered guest
It is not the TV problem. The PC resolution for these TV is often XGA (1024x768). Anything else will cause the issue you mentioned or displacement. I have a 42" Panasonic and a 26" Olevia, both showing exactly the same thing like you said. But when set at XGA (1024x768), they both look great in PC mode.

Unregistered guest
Yeah, I'm currently using 1024*768, but that's a 4:3 resolution. Isn't there any way to get true fullscreen modes for your PC? Maybe with the new video cards?

tho
Unregistered guest
It depends on your HDTV. If it has a DVI port that accepts DVI-D (Digital) Dual Link *and* so does the graphic card then it is a YES, but the highest resolution depends on each HDTV. My Olevia LT26HVX native resolution is 1366x768 and it accepts DVI setting at 1240x1024 perfectly. It depends on the PC graphic card and how well its software works to detects the TV capability. Mine is an ATI PCIE 256MB X300-SE. I am not so sure about HDMI connection used for PC, I heard it does not handle PC input as well. Not sure why. VGA is the true PC input but it is analog and the graphic drivers often do not know the full capacity of the HDTV and so it defaults to some very limitted setting like XGA, SVGA, ... Any other setting will cause distortion or displacement. Read the TV manual *and* the graphic card spec carefully. DVI-D Dual link cable is about US15$ on line but $30 in store.

tho
Unregistered guest
A little correction, the DVI resolution can be set up to 1280x1024 (not 1240x1024). Since VGA is the true PC input, when you boot, it will show you everything and allow you to stop in BIOS if you need to while with DVI you cannot stop in BIOS and you will not see anything until the OS is up.

Username: Chefmatt

Hi, I'm interested to find out what the computer monitor aspects of this monitor. What type of picture quality can I expect. i need it to monitor surveillance cameras which show up rather small on my 17" monitor. Thanks

Username: Ktknight777

randy, i got this hdtv monitor and i've had nothin but problems when i try to use it as a pc monitor, first off weather i put it in 169 or 43 when my pc boots it cuts off the top and bottom of the post all i can read is the dram timing and ide stuff... to prove its not a reboot screen it has the energystar in the corner and i can also here it beep too... when the windows logo shows up the copyright and such are unseen as well.. i.e. cut off but when the logon screen comes up its fine the screen isaligned right... but i can't get real resolutions like i should... can't view some 80x600 and can't view some1024x768 my card is not the problem either its an up to date nvidia 5700 that has all the resolutions and more available.... i would like to know if there is a driver for this monitor because its a flat panel and not plug and play monitor....it would probably help the best.... oh and if i could ask do you know of a way to reset the tv to factory defaults maybe if i do this it will clear up any conflicts???

Username: Overthehill

Post Number: 6
Most 1280x720 HDTV will have issue of over or underscan. Those with WXGA 1366x768 do not. But those PC with ATI graphic cards using Radeon 9550 and later can overcome this when using the latest Catalyst driver. This ATI driver has a feature call HDTV compatible where one can add several customized resolutions to fit the HDTV screen. I have a 42" Panasonic LCD-RP that also had the same issue until I install the latest Catalyst driver and use the customized resolution. It works very well. I have an Olevia 26" LCD with resolution 1366x768. No over or underscan at all. I actually can set resolution to 1280x1024 and the display is even greater. This PC connects to the Olevia has an ATI graphic card using chipset PCI-E x300
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us