WARNING!!!!!!!!

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 1490
After learning of a new type of FTA unit about to be released, I felt it nessessary to make the following warning to all who would consider purchasing one of these units.

IP based units should be considered a very severe personal security risk. What does that mean to you? It means that any FTA box that is hooked up to the internet can be used to trace it's location directly to your front door. This could give certain TV providers grounds to pursue legal action against you, a trace route of a device using illegal software to your home can be grounds for a search warrant.

These units could also possibly be used as a backdoor into your personal home network, presenting a security risk to your personal information and potentially making you a hack target. (I don't think you need this explained more.)

In todays world of quickly advancing internet technology, there is no guaranteed method of protection for these units and/or the servers they connect to, which means that all of your personal information could be harvested (taken) from you and/or your unit could be disabled at any time by malicious software updates from just about any source with the brains to spoof a IP. This would also make it possible for a unit manufacturer to disable your unit anytime they wish !!

So in advance I want to warn everyone of the dangers involved with this type of unit, don't let yourself be put at personal, financial, or legal risk, because you wanted to try "the new COOL features" they are going to offer.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1493
fruitcake....U should be banned here!...This is VERY serious!...and is being posted everywhere to WARN people....There will be many "cool" features with the internet hooked up..this is NO joke and people should not listen to fruitcake, as he is one, and actually is causing damage and harm to people by being so ignorant about FTA and life!...and downplaying the importance of this warning..

fruitcake, U want to pay peoples fines or do their time, when they get busted for listening to U and downplaying the seriousness of this?

BTW....Dreambox users have been using the internet for a long time now..

Bronze Member
Username: Masaniello

Naples , Florida United state...

Post Number: 35
hello mr mike lee I subscrive for some co. file and package for 2700 pansat,wen i download on my set appare onused-119-110. I like have like before 7.6ku-8.6ku. and echostar package can you tell me the way .ivi if Igot pay. thanks mike if you want you e.mail me on mappatella@aol.com. thanks lot

Username: Lilnickky

Post Number: 1
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this so please be patient with me. I have a PANSAT 2700a and followed LK's:Total Newbie instruction software - setup for 2700A
to the letter. And for the most part the box was working but would only pick up echo 110. The house has 2 dishes 1 with a dual LNB and another dish in the back with just 1 LNB. I have no idea what the dish with one LNB is for cause dish network was only hooked in 2 rooms. Anyway as of late, we had a storm here and ever since then the box shows a picture for say 5 mintues, then keeps saying waiting for signal and it shows the percentage then finnaly the picture comes back on. How can I stop this? I flashed it with X-87BL_060211_144_au_api software, renamed it and did a blind scan. The dish I'm using is a D500(DishPro). Please help?!!

Thanks,J

Gold Member

Post Number: 1510
come back when U know what U are talking about...

The house has 2 dishes 1 with a dual LNB and another dish in the back with just 1 LNB..

A Dual LNB is only 1 LNB also!

Your question has been asked and answered too many times here (1000)and at EVERY DSS site, to answer again...maybe if U READ a little U will know what U are talking about and stumble across the 1000 posts of how to fix that " situation" (its NOT a problem)..

Post Number: 2
LK,

First of all why the hostility? I'm only looking for some help. And I have been reading...for 3 straight weeks! But I'm no expert which is why I came here. So could/would you at least point me in the right direction? Many Thanks in advance.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1515
Jake...First U hijacked my thread!...its a Warning about IP based FTA receivers...not about your lack of knowledge and reading why your old 144 bin doesn't work anymore!...Post your problems in the appropriate area...its people like U that make it harder on everyone else to find info here!...post in the pansat 2700 thread...in fact read one...U will probably see your fix, which is to simply upload the 146 bin...no go away..U are rude and lazy!

Post Number: 3
LK,

I did not know I hijacked your thread nor was that my intention! I just simply wanted some help...my apologies. What in GOD's name has happened to simple common courtesy! You act like I'm a terrorist or something! I'm new here and just wanted some help not confusion. But I want bother you anymore sir.

Goodday

Post Number: 4
LK,

I did not know I hijacked your thread nor was that my intention! I just simply wanted some help...my apologies. What in GOD's name has happened to simple common courtesy! You act like I'm a terrorist or something! I'm new here and just wanted some help not confusion. But I want bother you anymore sir.

Goodday

Gold Member

Post Number: 1517
U are ignorant and rude...and U want courtesy!...LMAO...u are the intruder hijacker seeking help due to your laziness...i give u the fix, then u come back and ask for courtesy...get new meds dude, those aren't working!

Bronze Member
Username: Fruitcakes

Post Number: 45
@Jake

You will have to excuse the crippled war vet LK...he is going thru his sex change at the moment and is very touchy...I also heard he is behind payments on his mobile home...this makes him grouchy as he has to borrow money off his mother-in-law...which by the way, is a fat pig...please continue on posting and just ignore this fcuking redneck...ROTF

Bronze Member
Username: Fruitcakes

Post Number: 46
oh and by the way redneck thrill...quit starting posts about me, they are not nice and will continue to be deleted...ok idiotstick?...ROTF

Gold Member

Post Number: 1518
Got banned again huh!....then sneak back in again....U are like a little kid with no parents,who is miserable so U must come here and make life hell for everyone else too..

Post Number: 5
You know what LK...you need help! I heard you were a FA*. R U? It seems Fruitcakes is right. But try being with some women dude! That But thing is just to dangerous these days!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1523
I have a wife and grown kids and have sewn more oats that U could ever dream about there spanky!...go pound sand with your h0m0 buddy fruitcake...his name sounds appropriate for Both of you!...and your "Bootyg" nick make sense with a h0mo pal named 'fruitcake"!.....LMAO

Post Number: 6
LK, you mobile home living, hillbilly, convicted pedaphile, incesterous, preverted jackass! You R a LOSERRR!!! And U stink! You Butmunch, Redneck SOB! F--- U !!!

Post Number: 7
Oh, and did I mention...YOU STINK!!!! You JERKOFF!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1536
Bye kneegrows aka fruitcake and now aka Bootyg...go back to the hole U crawled out from..

Post Number: 8
LK you stinkl!!! Thats all you can get out of it!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us