Battery backup ?

Bronze Member
Username: Tsduke

Post Number: 12
I'm currently using one of Monster's surge protectors with clean power for my RPTV (JVC 52") and a couple other components.

I'm wondering how necesary it is to us a battery backup and if so, what unit you would recommend.

Thanks.

Username: Bama

Post Number: 1
I just purchased a JVC 52" a couple of weeks ago. I was not planning on buying a UPS until last Thursday when a thunderstorm came through and knocked out my power. This TV needs at least 90 seconds to cool off before shutting down. It's not worth losing a bulb or something to me so I bought UPS this weekend with 3 hour back-up. Only $200 dollars but HHGregg had another for $150. The one I bought is a smaller cleaner profile than the cheaper one but they are both rated pretty close.

Silver Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 629
Good gosh! A 500VA would be plenty enough to power off and keep a fan running. (about $40)
You can watch tv during the entire outage. Cool!

Todd,

I like the Belkin 500VA or 700VA.
Belkin, Triplite, whatever.

Bronze Member
Username: Tsduke

Post Number: 13
Will the batteries last long enough so that the UPS expenses remain much less than the $200 lamp. I've seen where these batteris only last a year.

Wood it work ok to plug my entire Monster into a 500-700va UPS? I have a STB, receiver, TV and sometime DVD player running on it.

I assuming that on a 1 or 2 second outage everything will be fine, but I will power off equipment if the power doesn't come right back.

Silver Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 631
Yes!
And yes!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us