Need DVD recorder with component input for my XBOX...

Username: Iberianwarrior

Post Number: 1
Hi everyone, I need to figure out a way to record clearer gameplay videos (on XBOX and PS3) for sharing with friends. Up till the new games came out, the quality wasn't that bad because the games were meant for 480i or 480p
But now that the games are being made in 720 and even 1080, when you hook regular composite cables to your DVD recorder and then to the TV...the quality is terrible!!
I would love it if someone knew if hooking my component output of my XBOX and PS3 to a DVD recorder with component inputs will give me better quality than what I am getting now.
Please only reply if you know for sure. I really don't want to sink the money in to something that is pointless.
thanks in advance

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 3442
Why are you connecting to a DVD recorder to begin with? Connect straight to the TV. If the TV doesn't have enough inputs, use a switcher.

Username: Iberianwarrior

Post Number: 2
Why are you connecting to a DVD recorder to begin with? Connect straight to the TV. If the TV doesn't have enough inputs, use a switcher.

Is this a trick question?

I want to record my game play. If I connect the XBOX or PS3 directly to the TV...how do you suggest I record? I have no video and audio outputs on the TV to pull that off.
The common method for recording from any component is to take the DEVICE then input to the DVD recorder and then input the recorder in to the TV.
Anyway, thanks for the effort.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us