Mitsubishi WT-46809 "Short Protect Circuit"

Username: Plirus

Post Number: 1
I've had my Mitsubishi for a few years now and love it. About a year or so ago I began having the "bowtie" problem. I discovered that tapping could straighten it out and wasn't in the position to have a repair man work on it. It progressively got worse and about 2 weeks ago the TV just cut off. Attempting to turn the unit back on only resulted in some clicking and going back off. I started researching and found information here about the Convergence ICs going bad. I replaced the ICs a couple of days ago and started putting the TV back together. Once I had everything reconnected I went for the power up test and I'm still getting the quick shut off. Using the Service Manual I was able to determine that I am getting the 22 - "Short Protect Circuit" error. I may only know enough to be dangerous, but I would still like to get this resolved myself without having to pay over a hundred dollars for someone just to come look at it. Any ideas on the best place for me to look for my current problem?

Post Number: 2
Further poking around has uncovered a diode D9A64 to not be fuctioning properly. I was randomly testing diodes in the system after reading about another TV where the Convergence ICs went out and cause a diode to fail as well. I don't know enough to be sure if this is the problem or what purpose the diode is serving. Does this sound like a likely candidate for my problem? Should I continue searching for other problems aside from this one?

Post Number: 3
Got in touch with a regular on the boards with good knowledge on these TVs and found that the fuse F9A05 was bad, replaced it and I'm back in business.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us