Problem with VCRs

Username: Emmliz

PA

Post Number: 2
Hi,

I have two problematic combo units which are relatively new (i.e. less than 2 years old), but no longer under guarantee.

The first is a Go-Video DVD/VCR combo, model# DV2140. One day, it wouldn't eject the video tape, and then diplayed an ERR message on the screen. It hasn't worked since, and I can't get the tape out. I have tried unplugging and plugging it back in, but to no avail. The Customer Support for Go-Video was extremely 'unsupportive.'

The second unit is a Panasonic TV/VCR/DVD combo, model# PV-DF205. The TV and DVD are fine. The video unit picture stopped working one day. The sound is fine, but the picture is just squiggly lines. I have tried cleaning the heads (more than once), but it doesn't make any difference.

Can anyone offer me any advice. Thanks - Liz

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 3187
The Panasonic probably needs the heads cleaned. Tape head cleaners are pretty useless.

Username: Rochel

Post Number: 1
I have a Broksonic VCR/TV combo. The image now displayed is green & black and only in the center of the screen. I don't have the manual or the original remote. Is there a way to fix this?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us