Problem with new Sony XBR crt

Jabo
Unregistered guest
Hi all,
New here. Thanks in advance for any help.
I bought a kd 34xbr960. Love the TV, but I'm having a problem that's driving me nutz.
On the left edge of the screen, dependent on the color of the picture, I can see a faint purple anomaly/glow that I would think comes with some sort of electrical interference.
It's about 1 inch out from the left side and 3 inches in height. Only on the left side.
I tried what Sony recommended. Moving my speaker far out of the way and unplugged the TV for 30 minutes, but that didn't help.
My speakers are shielded and two feet away from the TV. I didn't have this problem with my last Sony crt either. Other than the speakers I have the HD cable box, denon reciever, sony dvd, and a ps2 underneath the TV.
I have a sony rep/tech coming out next week to take a look at it.

Should I try anything else, change any settings, move any equipment, etc?

Bronze Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 35
Jabo what happened when the tech came out to see your 34xbr960. What you descibe sounds like a speaker being too close to the TV , but you already stated that was not the problem.

Unregistered guest
Hey Jabo, please update with what the tech did to help out. I'm having this same exact problem, and it's driving me nuts.

Jabo
Unregistered guest
A sony tech rep had to take it to his shop and calibrate it.
He told me that the Yoke(sp?) needed to be adjusted.
No charge since the XBR has the two year warranty.
I would call sony and create a service request.
Have a tech come out and fix it for ya.

It had nothing to do with interference.
Hope that helps
Greg

Username: Guyhart

Birmingham, AL USA

Post Number: 1
I hope you don't have my Sony problems with the KD34 XBR. See my post above.

Username: W_v_mule

Post Number: 1
I have a Sony Wega KD36FS130 that's a month old, and in the last few days it's developed the exact problem as described here: the glow on the left of the screen, most apparent when darker images are displayed. It's extremely frustrating. Judging from what happened here, I gather there's nothing I can personally do about it, and will need to call Sony support...

Username: Guyhart

Birmingham, AL USA

Post Number: 4
A tech can wave a degausing coil (something to do with magnetization) in front of the TV and the color distortion goes away. My problem is that it keeps coming back on my KD34XBR - 3 new CRTs later in one yr, no permanent solution.
Guy
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us