Mits -62525 experts, please help me

Username: Grimesy

Post Number: 4
I just bought a Mits-62525 and right out of box, the creen is about 3/4 inch lower on left slide. It is tilted. If your reading text on the screen, it goes from left to right uphill? Any idea how i can go in and fix this. Second question, my direct tv dealer told me i could by the off air antenna to receive the local channels in high def. I get the local channels now, but he said with my location, i would still not pick up local channels with the off-air antenna that they sell. The whole reason i bought this t.v. was to catch racing and football in high def. Now they are telling me i cant get it with their antenna. Is there something i can buy to get these channels in hd? I thought the Mits had a built in converter ?

Silver Member
Username: Wearenotalone69

Post Number: 347
https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/show.pl?tpc=2&post=538878#POST538878

Greg,

On most all boards on the internet 'double" posting within a few mintue time frame is a no-no in most cases .. the above post being posted at Posted on Sunday, December 11, 2005 - 12:43 am:

and this thread being Posted on Sunday, December 11, 2005 - 12:49 am:

Both posts asking about the screen tilt... 6 whole minutes apart...

On your other issues, First check your (GASP!!)owners manual to see if your set has a built in converter (HD-Tuner).. Addtionlly your set should have some "labels" on the set itself OR the box it came in saying HD-Tuner already installed... or HD ready if an external tuner is needed.

(You have read the owner's manual, right?)

Read the manual.. or call the store.. Check the mfg website.. and then check: http://www.antennaweb.org/aw/welcome.aspx

to see if you're in an area of OTA reception.

Username: Grimesy

Post Number: 5
Thanks for the advice about double posting. Sorry all, new at this, has been a very helpful forum. The mits 62525 does have a built in converter, but i still for some reason do not get the local channels in hd like cbs, nbc, fox. I know that they are not full time, but when the ball game was on yesterday, i did not receive hd for it. On direct tv, i had a channel 4, and then there was another channel 4 that said HD and i could not get it? I was thinking that because i had a converter built in, i would receive these channels.?

Silver Member

Post Number: 348
On some sets you have to select the built-in tuner, and do a search. Only then do the channels appear. Refer to the owners manual for details.

I'm referring to OTA channels, I have no idea how the set handles OTA and cable /sat channels. The set may be able to do unscrambled channels, then again not.

I'm using an external tuner,,, so it's do search, memorize channels.. and then they become accessible.

Best of luck to ya,

Bronze Member
Username: Kid89

columbus, Ohio

Post Number: 11
WeAreNotAlone69, what kind of a digital tuner do you have? I have a sammy SIR-T451. I tend to like it. I use an old-fassioned 8" Bow-tie antenna which sits right on top of my tuner...I get all local hd perfect...

Silver Member

Post Number: 350
I've got the same tuner Samsung SIR-T541

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/157302.html

The Samsung replaced a Motorola HD-100 that died. Bought the Motorola (display)... and later on swapped it for the Samsung....

Turned out the day I "returned" it, upon repurchase there was a $50 rebate.... so the tuner only ended up costing me $50... (well $58 counting sales tax.)

I personally would RATHER have an EXTERNAL tuner for the simple fact if something goes wrong it is a "component"....

Had a Toshiba DST-3000?.. when I received it, hardly any stations were broadcasting, the stations would come and go... So I didn't use it for about a year... Had it plugged into a 3,000 watt UPS.... Commerical grade....

I tried to fire it up about a year later.... and the thing was dead....

Went to Circuit City and they had about (3) Motorola HD-100's.. they said they had re-did their displays... $99 so I bought one...

The HD-100 only lasted a few days...

So.... I swapped for 1st SIR-T451
That Samsung died....

Swapped for the 2nd, and current tuner I have. Workd pretty good, but I really liked the Motorola.. it did a much better job of switching between modes, auto sizing the image... Samsung does a piss poor job in that respect.... and it seems to have alot of macro-blocking..

Ops, almost forgot... I had TWO of the DST-3000's... the first one died after a few days..

All I can say is I'm GLAD the set I have does NOT have a built in tuner...

BTW: If anyone has a Service Manual (NOT onwers manual) for a SAMSUNG SIR-T451 I'm ALL ears : https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/157302.html

Silver Member

Post Number: 351
Opps... TYPO: First line of above post should be a SAMSUNG SIR-T451... NOT T541

BTW: Has anyone got a firmware update for the Samsung HD-Tuner SIR-T451?????
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us