Sony KF-E42A10 Problems

Username: Lemonator

Post Number: 1
We purchased a Sony LCD Projection TV, model KF-E42A10 on February 3, 2006 and it started to turn off intermittently after the first two weeks of use. It stopped working altogether on February 26th. We had it repaired --- lamp driver and a switch were replaced.

It was working again until April 17th then it failed again. This time the fan needs replacing. It is April 28th...TV still not repaired.

Silver Member
Username: Xdrummer03

Tenessee

Post Number: 320
Umm are you wanting something answered?Are you just statung your problem?

Username: Lemonator

Post Number: 2
I just wanted to warn people NOT TO BUY THIS SONY TELEVISION and to hear if others have experienced the same problems. This model is relatively new as of last August so I wanted to know if what we bought is just a fluke or a common problem with the Sony KF E42A10?

I asked Sony and Future Shop to replace the TV. Future Shop has already said no as the thirty days for refunds had passed.

Sony has not responded. Their customer service department is looking into it. They will probably only replace it when the cost of the repairs exceeds the cost of a new tv. I have no idea what the two repairs have cost so far.

I have also just yesterday signed up on-line for a class action suit against Sony for problems with rear-projection HD LCD TVs --- and I have locked the repair guy in our basement so he is handy for the next expected repair....probably within the next couple of weeks at the rate we're going.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us