HDMI to DVI Conversion

Username: Ktt_57

Post Number: 1
HELP!
I have a beautiful NEC 50MP1 plasma, less than three years old, but it does not have an HDMI connection. I currently use the component inputs for the TV. I tried an HDMI to DVI cable adapter and the TV tells me it is an "illegal signal". I'm not trying to rip-off any copyrighted material, just get the best signal I can so I can enjoy what I paid for. NEC says the TV won't support HDMI - is there some type of adapter/processor/video card I can hook up in between to allow me to receive the higher quality signals? If so, will it really make any difference since it will be going into a DVI connection anyway?
Really appreciate any info here!
KEN

Silver Member
Username: Formerly_fx

Dallas, Tx

Post Number: 102
You might have one of the few displays that might actually show a better picture with a digital (DVI or HDMI) input. That being said I think you asked the wrong question of NEC. If it has a DVI input and you use an HDMI to DVI cable the TV does not know you are doing this. The cable only eliminates the digital audio pins which your display cannot process. In other words your display thinks it is a DVI to DVI connection, it cannot know the difference.

You have some other problem. It is likely you did not change the input selection on your Plasma to the new input, it is not automatic.

xvxvxvx
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us