Image quality issues

Username: Pbj_time

NC USA

Post Number: 1
Hi all.
I have a Philips 42 pf7320 and am having a hard time getting (what I think) are quality images.
• Mostly in blacks or dark colors I am getting green blotches/streaks or if in a scene that is at night or twilight, a face, for example will go flat.
• Greys are not true grey but are often mixed with streaks of magenta. Other light colors in the background often do this too.
• I find that I can see "twinkling" or "carbonation" in background colors (like the pixels are churning).
• SD is often very dark and I must adjust the brightness when switching from a HD or Digital signal (pain). Quality is crap.
• When I was watching football, the whites jerseys didn't have any detail. Just blown out.

This problems show up on either 720p or 1080i signals that I receive over the air. Often the foreground image is great but the background has some problems. I've seen that some suggest the calibration disks but I believe that those are more useful for RP crt (?). When I use the THX optimizers in some DVDs I find that I have to really up the brightness ie: 68 out of 100 to get it to conform. I'm thinking of returning this and just buying a smaller crt unless I can get this under control. My previous Sony 53" RP CRT was great right out of the box and everything looked great on it. Unfortunately, I moved and thought Hi Def would be better and sold it to my nephew.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us