HOW TO PROGRAM M-CARD MediaCipher using Comcast DVR(DCH3416)?

Username: Yum8yuk

Post Number: 2
Hello,
Can anyone give advice or where to find info on how to program an M-Card(CableCard) from MediaCipher?

Issue:
Some one gave me a Comcast DVR which uses a Motorala M-Card. It was working for about 8 months. I could see all the channels from 2 - 999 including the 800 High Def Channels, 1 Adult (but not PPV and a few other insignificant channels). I am unable to use the PVR though becasue the guide does not work. All the channels were in the proper lineup order as advertise in the cable company website.

Problem:
Now most of the channels are blacked out with no signal and all the channels channels that are viewable are completely out of order. Only about 10 channels are in the original place and only about 10% are not blacked out. I did not do anything different like play with the box settings or moved it. I just turned it on and this is the result.

Troubleshooting:
I tried restarting the box, restarting by holding on to the power button for a variety of time, removing absolutely all cables including cable television cable and power cable for 24 hours. I also tried removing the M-Card and restarting using the methods already mentioned.
::Note: When restarting cable box without the M-Card it prompts to insert the M-Card and does not do anything else - just freezess right there. When I reinsert card it goes back to problem state mentioned above. This is why I am sure that the M-Card needs to be re-programmed.

Miscelanous:
The box worked even with Comcast filter in the main junction box and without filter. The only difference is that with the filter it blocked a few high def channels. So filters did not cause all of the issues mentioned above.

Equipment::: I included pictures::
CableCard - M-Card
Type MediaCipher
Make Motorola

Cable Box: Cumcats HD Dual Tuner DVR STB Model DCH3416
Make Motorala

I am not sure if this forum assist with this issue. I am hoping someone can give me directions.
Thanks in advance
Yum8yuk

Upload

Username: Bigdaddy2cute

Post Number: 1
i have a cisco dta 170hd cable box that is no longer active can someone help me and tell me how to program it so that i can watch cable
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us