PS3/HDTV/1080p compatability

Username: Salohcin

Canada

Post Number: 1
I have done some research on 1080p HDTV, to ensure that my PS3/Blu-ray player will work in real 1080p(taking into consideration that only a few games are desighned to support 1080p, ie.2KNBA07 and 1080p movies). I am a bit confused. I have been told by multiple people that most 1080p tvs are not really 1080p. They talk about most tv's not being able to accept a 1080p signal. I have also found people that are having issues with those "fake" 1080p sets and the PS3, ie.They set the PS3 to 1080p and their 1080p tv says it doesn't support it and the screen flickers. I have also heard about HDCP for the PS3, do all tvs support HDCP? Should I care? Is there a special cord, ie.HDMI 1.3 that I need to send the real 1080p signal to a real 1080p tv? How do I know if the TV can accept a 1080p signal the way it was meant to?(no scaling from 1080i or 720p) I have heard way to much technical jargon lately and I seem to have baffled Future Shop with this question. I just need the right tv and don't want to have to try out a few sets before it works, any help? Please!

Silver Member
Username: Tapeman

New York, NY

Post Number: 938
HDMI 1.30 protocol will work on any Format
resolutions up to 1920 x 1080
1.30 HDMI compatible with any HDMI port. Works for HDTV, Digital Setellite, CATV, SD-DVD, HD-DVD, Blu-ray Players, AV Receivers and Sony Playstation-3.

You'll notice clear picture & vibrant natural colors full 24-bit color depth.
HDMI 1.30 increases its single-link bandwidth from 165 MHz (4.95 Gbps) to 340 MHz (10.2 Gbps) to support the demands of future high definition display devices.

Upload

What should I look for when I buy HDMI cable?
What is the best source?

- 1080p, 1.30, (10.2 Gbps)
- If it doesn't have any of that chances are it is not.
- If your TV doesn't have 1080p, then any HDMI may work for you.

- Suggested places: will be Best Buy, Circuit City, Amazone, but simply shop around
I give simple things to look for in this post.

Enjoy the New Technology
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us