Portable Kawaski DVD

Username: Dee_dee

Post Number: 1
Hi I'm new and read that some folks like the Kawaski DVD from Target. I bought it for a Christmas gift for the car. I haven't tried it yet but will. Does anyone know where I can get a carry case to use in the car for the 8.4 screen?
Thanks so much, DD

mvw0717
Unregistered guest
I found a DVD case on walmart.com that is suppose to handle portable DVD players with up to a 10' screen. It is Case Logic Koskin DVD Player Case, PDVK2 on sale for $15.00.

Anonymous

Hi I have a Kawasaki portable DVD player with 8.4" LCD display. Does anyone know where or if there is a battery that last longer then about Two hours the length of a movie.

Username: Turibarrera

Calexico, CA USA

I need help with my mobile dvd system Kawasaki Model PVS1965. please I need the multiregion code
thanks

Unregistered guest
I found the following.
Region code hack posted by Seamus, June 26 2005:
Found this hack listed for a the Venturer PVS1950 and tried it out on the Kawasaki PVS1965...looks like it works. Power off the player and turn it back on, run through the hack again and it comes up to whichever region you left it on during the previous hack. In my case, I set it to 9, turned off, then on, ran the hack again....still set on 9.

Turn DVD power on
Open tray
using remote enter 81328
press enter until the region you want shows on the screen (9 makes it multi-region)
press play on remote
close tray

Other hack posted by Seamus, June 27 2005:
Addendum to the above post:

Wanted to add that it appears that if you hit the display button on the remote with the disc lid open, it shows you some firware info and I think the current region setting too. For instance, on mine it shows:

NA196ASNr026 R9

Monica
Unregistered guest
Hi, I am considering buying a kawasaki pvs2970s from Target. I read somewhere that it has the capability of hooking up 4 monitors to it. Is that true and if so where can you purchase the extra 2 monitors?
Thanks!
Monica

Unregistered guest
I bought 2 Kawaski's PVS 166W DVD players. I have had trouble with them on and off since i bought them.
Does anyone know where there is a KAWASAKI support center or service center. I tried bringing them to two local TV VCR repair places and they said they would have no idea how or where to get parts.

Carry
Unregistered guest
I got a Kawaski Portable DVD Player for Christmas last year and about 7 months later it broke (I think one of my baby cousins touched the thing that says "Do Not Touch" inside of the DVD compartment) Does anyone know someplace in the San Mateo County, California area that can fix this?

Carry
Unregistered guest
I got a Kawaski Portable DVD Player for Christmas last year and about 7 months later it broke (I think one of my baby cousins touched the thing that says "Do Not Touch" inside of the DVD compartment) Does anyone know someplace in the San Mateo County, California area that can fix this?

Help_2005
Unregistered guest
December 2004 I got a Kawassaki Portable DVD Player, and in March of 2005 I went to visit some of my cousins and I think that one of my baby cousins accidently touched the lense that says "Do NOT Touch" in the DVD Compartment because it hasn't worked since. I have been trying to find a DVD repair place that could fix this, but I have so far had no luck. Does anyone know of a repair shop in the San Mateo County, California area that can fix this problem?

Unregistered guest
Summer 2005, I received a Kawasaki DVD player 8.4, PVS 1080 which was working for awhile but now the player is saying No valid disc every time I try to use it with the battery or with the car lighter. Does anyone have any solution for me?

Unregistered guest
I HAVE A Kawasaki PVS1965 MOBILE DVD PLAYER, AND SOMEONE BROKE INTO MY CAR AND STOLE THE DVD PLAYER UNIT, BUT THEY COULDNT STEAL THE MONITORS, NOR THE WIRES SO NOW I NEED THE PART YOU PUT THE DVD INTO(DVD UNIT)

Anonymous

I bought a Venturer PVS177G about 8 mo. ago. It has been well cared for and used about 4 times. The lid sticks and today, it gave only the sound unless I hold the screen on each side and barely move it backward or forward a fraction. Even breathing causes the picture to go black. Who can hold it for two hours while the kids watch a video? Any ideas on problem or where to send for repair. The owners manual only says to use a licensed repair facility.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2264
Bad ribbon cable for the LCD. That's expensive as the cable is integrated into the LCD.

Just buy a better brand DVD player: Toshiba, Samsung, Panasonic.

Unregistered guest
Just ordered a Kawasaki PVS10921 9" TFT LCD Portable DVD Player from Target online for $143, including shipping.Sounded to good to be true to get a large screen for so cheap.Does anyone have any feedback on this model.Has anyone tried an Ultra High Capacity External Portable DVD Battery?It's suppose to add up to an extra 7+ hours.

Username: Rickyman

does anyone knows if the Kawasaki PVS10921 9" TFT LCD Portable DVD Player play dvd+r, vcd and play all region dvd.

Username: Jhs914

Post Number: 5
I just bought the Kawasaki pvs-10921 from Target during their after Thanksgiving sale for $139. I haven't opened the box yet but I was wondering if anyone knows how long the battery lasts on a full charge. The box says "2 hour recargeable battery" but does that mean it typically takes 2 hours to charge or it lasts 2 hours? I hope it is the former. I wanted to get the kit (case and car adapter) but it sold out before I could get it. Any input would be appreciated, as well as any input on the actual device. Thanks.

chung
Unregistered guest
here a is a website that will help you with kawasaki replacement parts for portable dvd players http://www.18002526123.com/findit/findit.htm

Unregistered guest
does anyone have the code to the Kawasaki PVS10921 9" portable, I just bought it Nov.27-05 and right now it just plays DVD's in our region (US).
I would like to play all regions, I've been searching the net and came across 1 code that is one digit to many. the dvd player has only 4 digit spaces to put in a code.
I also bought it at Target for $139.00, I really like it but it does'nt play my favorite movies, I'm ready to return it to find an all region player, can some one please help!

Unregistered guest
I have the Kawasaki Mobile DVD System with Two LCD Screens. All of a sudden, when I plug it in, the standby light comes on but the green power light does not and nothing works. How do I get it out of standby mode. And no, there is no standby button on the remote as the owner's manual suggests! I don't even know how it GOT on standby mode!

electro
Unregistered guest
I just received my replacement part from Alco electronics. When I opened the package I can't believe the piece is used and broken. I paid $40.00 for a piece of garbage. Does anyone know anything about this company. I'm waiting for their reply via email. Their email address from their support site comes back undeliverable. This company operates out of Canada

Dennis Rand
Unregistered guest
Just purchased a Kawasaki PVS10921 which comes without a DC car adapter.
If I purchase a DC adapter
( 9 volt / 2000mA current )
will it work ok ?

Anonymous

Just bought a car kit for the PVS10921, it came with the DC car adapter.

Rated at
Input - 12V
output - 10.5V

Unregistered guest
hi my name is krystal and my husband purchased a portable dvd player and some how the wires that hooks up to the audio and video came up missing and we have looked everywhere for the cable does anyone have a suggestion on where to find them ?

Username: Carsma

I am thinking of purchasing the Kawasaki Mobil dvd system with 2 monitors PVS 2970. Anyone have this or know much about it? I am really interested in the dual players/monitors for my kids.

Unregistered guest
Hi, I have a Kawasaki PVS10921 9" portable DVD, and I want it to change it to multi-region, please I somebody know the unlock code let me know email me to eeyyee@hotmail.com

Username: Sassy2

can anyone tell me were i can get a charger for a kawasaki pvs1665

Username: Jennieiniowa

Iowa Great Lakes area, IA USA

Looking for a replacement Kawasaki PVS 1965 DVD unit? Well, apparently someone else in our small town was looking as well and stole JUST the DVD unit from our mini-van this past weekend! The screens, cords and carry case were all in the van, as well, but they were not taken, just the unit. So, I guess if you have no scruples, you could just steal one, too.

We are looking to replace our unit that was stolen and hopefully we can get in touch with the company that makes them to purchase a replacement unit. Otherwise, I guess we will have to purchase everything in the set, which will mean that we will have an extra set of everything except the DVD player unit.

Username: Jennieiniowa

Iowa Great Lakes area, IA USA

Post Number: 2
If you are looking for the manufacturer's website for Kawasaki portable DVD players, here it is:
http://www.18002526123.com/
There you can get info and FAQs on their products, along with how to contact the company.

Username: Jeanne716

Franklin, MA USA

Does anyone know where to get an extra rechargeable battery pack for the Kawasaki Model PVS10921 Portable DVD Player? Also, what are the codes mentioned in previous messages used for?

Username: Davie317

Post Number: 2
i can not get my portable dvd player out of STANDBY mode, can anyone please help???
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us