Best headphones for under $30

Unregistered guest
I am looking for the best valued headphones for the $15-30 range. I had some Sony h.ear, which seemed to work fine. I also have some iPod earbuds. How do those compare to other earbuds?

Bronze Member
Username: Caldera

Post Number: 14
If you want the best headphones in this price range, you must go with open air, rather than buds. There are two options I recommend: the Koss SportaPro and the Koss KTXPRO1, at about $21 and $14 respectively on buy.com. For about $37 you can get the Koss PortaPro. They all use titanium coated drivers, and produce incredible bass, and clear as a bell treble.
For earbuds, the issue is murkier. I use a Philips earbud that is $20 at Target that is designed in the ipod style. It has a volume control and is extremely efficient. It is not designed to be pushed deep into the ear, but fit loosely.
It does not have as much treble, but if you have an equilizer, it responds nicely to about a 2 db high end boost.
But if you want great sound, go with the Koss open headphones. The PortaPro offer near audiophile quality, and are recommended by a headphone review website as the best thing under $50.

Bronze Member
Username: Caldera

Post Number: 15
PS, if you do get the Koss, or probably any headphones, try breaking them in very gently.
Put on some music with mostly high end, and minimal bass. Play it at a very low volume for at least a few hours. Turn up the volume a notch and repeat, etc. Avoid loud pounding bass until you feel you have the headphones broken in for clear mids and highs. This should give you headphones that produce more detail. At least that is what I found when I broke in two Koss Porta Pros, one without a slow break in, the other with. The sound is clearly different.

Username: Anom6789

Arizona United States

Post Number: 3
(This is an old topic but I'm btinging it up again.)

A really, REALLY good pair of headphones are Philips's HS520s. They're only $15 but deliever a really nice bass sound, not as good but almost as good as Sony's MDREX51s.

Silver Member
Username: Exerciseguy

Brooklyn, NY USA

Post Number: 489
http://www.headphone.com/products/headphones/all-headphones/sennheiser-hd-201.ph p

...you can find them for under $20 here

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0007XJSQC

Username: Musicneverstops

Post Number: 1
You may try skullcandy headphones. Search there www.iheadphones.co.uk/skullcandy-headphones.html
I've recently bought a pair of headphines for myself. I chose Skullcandy Chops Black & Red. They are reasonably priced and the quality is excelent. Being a person who can't live even one day without music I can say that these headphones are worth buying))

Username: Billjames

Post Number: 4
I like skullcandy mainly because of the warranty. Its no questions asked send them in and get new ones.

Username: Fr0ggie

I was looking on EBay for a pair of headphones myself and I happen to fall upon some Spyn Audio Dj headphones $10-31 bucks, pretty decent. You should check them out.

I bought a pair. Only because someone close to me I know owns a pair and they look really legit in person.

here's the site: http://stores.ebay.com/TechzoneUS?_rdc=1Upload

http://i40.tinypic.com/ruqnmr.jpg

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 16011
I tried those Spyn Audios...they look really decent. But soundwise..yup...they are worth $10. I noticed a lot of distortion and the clarity is subpar. Listen to some decent vocals and you will notice the limitations.

Username: Ginajones12

I would suggest one headphone "Ecko Exhibit HP Graffiti" at

Upload

Username: Nitecrawlr

Blech, those are fugs. What about these sony noise canceling headphones

Upload

Username: Kefee009

NC, New York United States

You can try, Wireless headphones with touch control JH-S9100
In spite of being almost invisible and too small to weigh those earphones surprise with a decent sound. It uses an advanced noise cancellation technology so there will be no more outside word distractions. Only music (and cool design).

One of the functions we absolutely loved in this earphones is the touch control to switch it on or off you just have to dab it slightly. And the charging box is also pretty mind-blowing. The downside is that the playing time is quite brief. Fully charged headphones only last for a couple of hours of relentless listening.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us