NAD C 338/368 Bluetooth-related clarifications needed

Username: Dominikr

MeilenSwitzerland

Post Number: 1
NAD has released three new integrated amplifiers: C 338, C 368 and C 388. I find their specifications rather confusing. I've sent questions to NAD's support email, but they just pointed me to the specs. My questions are the following:
(i) Both C 338 and C 368 have support for Bluetooth ADP4. What standard is ADP4? Google Search knows nothing of ADP4 â€" all search results point to the NAD's specs.
(ii) Additionally, according to the spec, C 338 has Bluetooth ADP4, while C 368 has Bluetooth ADP4 with aptX. Is it likely that C 338 only supports ADP4 but not aptX (whatever ADP4 is, I presume something similar to A2DP)?
Here is link to the specs: https://nadelectronics.com/en_EU/products/all-amplifiers/integrated-amplifiers/

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 18375

No idea. It would appear the NAD is so advanced even Bluetooth hasn't caught up.

Silver Member
Username: Unbridled_id

ChicagoUsa

Post Number: 750
This is why I am such a NAD fan Jan baby.

Cutting edge be damned, their starting point is far beyond.

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 18494

Beyond what, fishy?

Not answering their customer support phone lines?

Silver Member

ChicagoUsa

Post Number: 751
Still with the insipid nicknames Jan ?
Are you saying you have had issues getting through to NAD via phone ?

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 3473
The STRING broke on Jan's can. Out of comm.

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 18496

In my experience, NAD responds about as fast as you did to this thread.

They don't design the stuff. They don't build the stuff. They take bids and farm out various pieces to other manufacturers.

They don't even service their stuff themself. They market it and sell it to distributors. They're mainly into selling more stuff.

Essentially, there is no "NAD" as a company. Mostly, just a bunch of guys in suits.

Just another company that's (somewhat) changed over the decades.

Silver Member

ChicagoUsa

Post Number: 752
What were your specific negative experiences ?

Who exactly designs NAD equipment ?

So the bunch of suits do not constitute a company ?

Jan is this the only forum you share your wit and wisdom on ?

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 18497

I'm not here to relate every experience I've had in the last 40+ years with NAD. And I have not had any personal interaction with NAD in over a decade since I haven't owned any NAD. I suppose NAD could have totally revamped their entire business model in the last few years. Doesn't seem likely but then, a lot of things didn't seem likely only a few months ago.

NAD's customer support is no worse than a few others. Too much of what falls into the consumer electronics grab bag is built to be disposable, not repairable.

Maybe NAD can claim to have their own engineers/designers, I don't know what NAD does today. The simply never qualified as a brand I paid much attention to and they have only slipped further down my list of uninteresting topics over the last twenty years. NAD had been famous for buying designs and taking bids for a manufacturer who would build the designs. You'd have to do your own research to find out how NAD comes up with a new product since I just haven't kept up with them.

If a designer claims to be a "XXX designer" (fill in the company name), but they have only worked in a group of designers and only for XXX for two years, what have you got?

Lots of consumer level audio companies have very high turn over in their design teams. Just saying your gear is designed in house doesn't always mean much.

Are a bunch of suits a company? Sure, just like companies are people. They all get the tax breaks, don't they?

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us