Digital Optical OUT---->A/V 5.1 setup (Amazon Firestick Fuzzy in A/V HDMI)

Username: Trymph

Post Number: 1
Amazon Firestick is fuzzy when plugged directly into my Pioneer VSX-45 5.1 receiver (would love to know why btw). My Sony Bravia LCD TV displays the Firestick clearly from the Bravia's HDMI2 input, however.

Is there a way to specify Digital Optical output ONLY when using the Bravia's HDMI2/Firestick ? (all the rest of my peripherals are plugged directly into the receiver and I only need to turn on the receiver when I want TV audio thru it while set to SAT/CBL).

I would like to only use the Digital Optical out for the Bravia's HDMI2 with the Amazon Firestick.

Also, I'm not sure how to activate the Digital Audio output/input on both the TV and Receiver so that audio would play via the TV speakers by default and the receiver ONLY on demand. I could live with audio from the receiver if ONLY from the Firestick via the Bravia's HDMI2 input.

All would be well if my Amazon Firestick wasnt so "fuzzy" when plugged into the Pioneer VSX-45 in the first place; maybe I'm doing something wrong as I tried it plugged into all the 5 HDMI inputs on the Pioneer with the same fuzzy resolution on the Bravia.

Thanks in advance

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 18510

First, have you read the owner's manual for both products?

If so and the problem cannot easily be rectified, shut down the receiver and unplug all inputs/outputs (other than speakers) to the receiver. Allow the receiver to sit unplugged from the AC outlet for one minute.

Reconnect the unit to the AC outlet and power up the receiver. Check for audio output with a single source like FM.

If the system is functional, plug in only the Firestick and run through the menu and sub-menu items related to inputs. If you can receive a clear image with this connection, decide whether it is important enough to re-arrange your connections to allow the Firestick to remain with the Pioneer.

If the image cannot be made to work to your satisfaction, shut down the receiver and re-plug your inputs/outputs as before.

There's no telling how to get to the correct menu switch on the Bravia to set optical as the output but, if such a switch exists, it will be located in the Sony's sub-menu system. All you can do is read the manual and then begin to try switching menu settings while keeping track of what you've done to make returning to "normal" easier.

Since the Firestick seems to operated as designed, you will need to contact Sony if you need further assistance. There are times when using the monitor as the source player feeding to the receiver where voice and images are out of synch though. Sony is again likely the first place to try if this becomes a problem.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us