Bose Acoustimass 5 Series II Problem

Username: Jackie_treehorn

Post Number: 1
Hello everyone. I tracked down this forum via Google while searching for a solution to my Bose problem.

I own the Bose Lifestyle music center model 614810 stamped October 1992. I am the original owner. The system came with the Bose Powered Acoustimass 5 Series II Subwoofer model 2683.

The problem I am having is that there is no longer sound coming from the sub or the satellite speakers attached to it. I have verified that the music center does work by plugging in some head phones the head phone jack on the side. That works fine.

I have gone so far as to take the back off the sub woofer to check the fuse inside. It is just fine and nothing inside looks burnt up or anything. Plugging the subwoofer to power produces a single click from a tall black cylinder thingy that is adjacent to the large transformer inside. Unplugging from power produces another click from the same cylinder.

That's about as far as my technical skills have gotten me thus far. I'm hoping this helpful board can offer some further assistance. It would be a shame to have to get rid of this system that has served me so well over the years.

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 2480
Nearly 20 years old?
You did GREAT.
Fix it or junk it out and start with new / better?

Maybe try some simple stuff....remove and reseat all connections?

Gold Member
Username: Superjazzyjames

Post Number: 1709
"....and start out with new/better?"

That would be my advice. There is a lot of audio gear out there that sounds WAY better than anything made by Bose. Just about anything at all is better than Bose. Even $25 Durabrand shelf system beats Bose.... Well, maybe that's a bit of a stretch, but you get the idea.

Username: Geoff_levy

Post Number: 1
Hi Folks,
I have a Bose 614810 system that will not power on. I suspect the power supply and would appreciate it if anyone who has had a similar problem could give a clue as to what to look for. Any part that is a favorite failure history? Thanks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us