How do I get legacy devices to work with the Denon 8305 receiver and that to a vizio 55" smart TV ?

Username: Bluefrontedamazongmailcom

Post Number: 1
I have several legacy devices, a 1070 pioneer laserdisc player,
Yamaha turntable,
Sony dual cassette deck,
A Philips DVD player,
Direct TV receiver that I put on DBS,
Not sure if the back of the receiver has a hdmi port, I am pretty sure it has an digital
optical and I think a monitor out (S-Video).

Speakers :
1 AM 100 series center channel,

2 Bose rears,

1 Polk Audio ACTIVE SUB WOOFER

2 old, old pioneer big speakers, the kind with a woofer, mid and tweeter built in to one speaker and I have 2 of these. Not quite sure how to integrate them and where should they be placed in a 5.1 Dolby set up or better.

I have plenty of New wire for re-wiring all the speakers and all the rca jacks for going out of device into receiver.

The new apartment is set up differently than what I am in now. It is a larger living room wider than depth. Going to be interesting to see what the speaker placement should be with this mish mash of equipment. I look forward to seeing the answers you all. Have.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 18428

"I have several legacy devices, a 1070 pioneer laserdisc player,
Yamaha turntable,
Sony dual cassette deck,
A Philips DVD player,
Direct TV receiver that I put on DBS,
Not sure if the back of the receiver has a hdmi port, I am pretty sure it has an digital
optical and I think a monitor out (S-Video).

Speakers :
1 AM 100 series center channel,

2 Bose rears,

1 Polk Audio ACTIVE SUB WOOFER

2 old, old pioneer big speakers, the kind with a woofer, mid and tweeter built in to one speaker and I have 2 of these. Not quite sure how to integrate them and where should they be placed in a 5.1 Dolby set up or better.

I have plenty of New wire for re-wiring all the speakers and all the rca jacks for going out of device into receiver.

The new apartment is set up differently than what I am in now. It is a larger living room wider than depth. Going to be interesting to see what the speaker placement should be with this mish mash of equipment. I look forward to seeing the answers you all. Have."

Not many answers since you really didn't provide much information to work with.

You don't even know what connectors are on the back panel? How are we supposed to figure that out if you can't by looking at the back panel?

It appears Denon has used this number on several receivers. Without knowing which of these models you own, it's impossible to say what you have and what you don't. Same pretty much with the TV. just saying you have a Vizio 55" tv doesn't give us a lot to go on.

Find the model of Denon and Vizio you own and give us a link to each with a view of the back panel. That's at least a start. From there we'll see what other information we might need.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us